Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on week 3 and still discovering new features / functions . As an owner i could not be more pleased with this F150. I am however disappointed in the dealer and how little knowledge they seem to have on the truck / engine. I was less than pleased when I picked up the truck in regards to the " check out " I had downloaded the owners manual so I knew a lot features - just wanted some simple explanations.

I have through " trail and error" and this board been able to discover and understand many of the trucks features. Calling the dealer is frustrating as the most common answer I get is " You will have to read the owners manual- we don't know.

I would think Ford would hold their dealers to a higher standard ? The more we understand and use the features we have would should in my mind equal a more satisfied customer ?

One question = Does Ford have "customer service line" to get answers to questions for customers ?

Have a good day everyone

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, this is why I joined this forum...my dealer has practically no knowledge of the 3.0! I have found out so much through this forum.

You would think they would have access to a Ford webinar or training series on new models. Maybe they do and just don't use?
DITTO-- This forum has been "golden" - as for the dealer- they need to do a better job , and held to a higher standard.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@jmperlik - This is awesome and will be a big help- no orientation guide was offered. I have been on my own.

I agree that it would be a tough assignment for a salesman to have detailed knowledge on every vehicle - but a least TRY , or offer a resource like you have provided. JMO.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ jmperlik I can't thank you enough, as this info will get me all I need to understand the features/ tech of the F150---my last Ford was a KR F250 2005 been some big improvements since then.

I like your Apple App review - hope that someone "gets it"---

Had the orientation guide been provided as required by Ford- would have answered a lot of questions- including the equipment that my truck has. This explains why the salesman " skipped over" some key items as he did not know the equipment ( this truck was ordered ) Some of the items came with packages, I wanted LED's - the package also gave me several other features -

I will reach out to the dealer tomorrow and see what happens- Stay turned. I sure he's going to wonder " How did he even know about the PDF "

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am on the phone w/ my dealer and asked about my orientation doc w/hotlinks that is VIN specific - I was professional but firm - as I asked why I did not receive my doc/pdf.

I'm not one for excuses and did not hang around on hold for an answer. I am now waiting for this doc to be e-mailed

Forum to the rescue !!!!

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just received in my inbox my VIN specific vehical orientation doc/pdf. I would have never known if it were not for this forum and jmperlik. I will be following up in a professional manner with the dealer GM.

I will also be reflecting my experiences good and bad w/ Ford via the customer survey. Now back to learning about my new truck.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.