Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at 4600mi with my 19’ Lariat and I’m almost empty on DEF. Is this normal? I read somewhere is was supposed to last till rough 10k. Anyone else have similar issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m at 4600mi with my 19’ Lariat and I’m almost empty on DEF. Is this normal? I read somewhere is was supposed to last till rough 10k. Anyone else have similar issue.
All depends on driving style. More go pedal, the more def is used. I did a snowmobile trip to Canada this winter, 4000 lb trailer, and it was 1200 miles round trip. Had to refill in Canada.

·
Administrator
506 Posts
DEF tank holds 5.2 gallons and is designed to last 5000 miles for “normal” driving conditions according to the manual.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Normal driving I have been adding a 2.5 gallon jug of OEM DEF every 2,500 miles, about 1 gallon per every 1,000 miles. I expect when I get into some longer boat towing trips that the consumption level will increase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep! If I get 5000mi on my DEF if I’m lucky. Oil change sensor also comes on after 4K miles. Looks like it’s going to be a dirty engine with higher maintenance costs.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Yep! If I get 5000mi on my DEF if I’m lucky. Oil change sensor also comes on after 4K miles. Looks like it’s going to be a dirty engine with higher maintenance costs.
My oil life monitor seems to be adjusting (going up) the more I drive the truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a fairly equal combination of highway and city driving. With current usage, I'm set to hit 100% oil usage at about 8000-8500 miles, and DEF should hit about 5500 miles before it runs out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts