Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After filling def tank it take awhile for it to register within an hour it will finally show full.**Is this normal?

·
Registered
145 Posts
After filling def tank it take awhile for it to register within an hour it will finally show full.**Is this normal?
dont fill the tank with the truck running, one 2.5 gallon jug is roughly a half a tank of def. I fill it up after I am done running the truck. It registers correctly when I take it out in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
If the truck is running when you do it, yes I think it takes a bit to register.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the truck is not running. I let it get below 1/2 tank before i put any in it then only 2 1/2 gal.

·
Registered
399 Posts
@KRMO I fill mine with a 2.5 gallon OEM jug when I get down to about 1/2 tank, with my engine off, and never noticed any delay in it showing up as full on the gauge after I check after filling up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ,next time I put DEF in I will see what it does. If the same will take it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fill at the pump at a truck stop for around $3.00/gal or less when the gauge is below 1/4. After filling, it coasted up to just under completely full both times doing this, within about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was down to 1/4 tank of DEF and added 2.5 gallons. That raised it to almost 3/4 tank, which makes sense. Later that afternoon, it dropped to a half a tank. The next few days, it was back at 3/4. After work today it showed it was at 7/8. About every 10 minutes it would drop. Weirdest thing I’ve seen. How can I trust what it really has?!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts