Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've purchased DEF at the pump with no issues - at the same pumps the big diesels use. I look for a place that I'd also feel comfortable purchasing diesel from - one that appears to do a significant volume of diesel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am assuming its the small auto filler spout meaning smaller ?
The DEF at the pump I've purchased has been from truck diesel fuel islands and is dispensed via hose and nozzle that fits the F150. But, the diesel fuel nozzles at the same islands are the larger truck diesel size (and don't fit the F150). I just get DEF at these big truck fuel islands. DEF at the pump has been around $3 per gallon.
I've not seen DEF at the pump where diesel via auto-sized nozzles is dispensed - but I've not looked very much either.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Considering the urea shortage in the news in Australia and Korea, it seems likely the price for urea (main ingredient in DEF) will increase in this country. I picked up a couple jugs of the Walmart Supertech DEF. Knowing the shelf life of DEF decreases as storage temperature increases I limited my purchases to a couple jugs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stopped by a place just north of Des Moines, IA with DEF at the pump today. DEF was priced at $3.80 per gallon at the big trucks diesel pumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts