Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one today. Super Crew 6-1/2' bed 4x4 Lariat.

Blue Jeans exterior
Light Camel interior

3.0 Diesel
502a package
Max Tow Package
Tow Mirrors
Technology Package
Spray in bedliner

I get X Plan pricing through my work so I know what my out-the-door cost will be already. At some point I should hear back on when it will show up at the dealer.

The diesel option was $3,000 MSRP and I think the combination I ordered would have otherwise come with the 3.5 EcoBoost. So estimates on premium cost over the EcoBoost weren't too far off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What'd you pay out the door for the truck? How comparable is it with the gas 2018 F150's? Did you have to go to dealer or a website?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats. What state were you able to order the truck? I'm in GA; called a few places and they believe the books will open in the summer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get X Plan pricing through work so my before-tax price will be under $59K MSRP is well north of $60K.

The 3.0 was a $3,000 up charge. But adding the diesel knocked a couple hundred off the Max Tow Package price.

All of the rest of the options appear to be mostly the same as a gasser.

And I'm in Colorado Springs and I have a deposit down at the dealer here in town.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info! Seems like you got the jump on the gun! Random questions,
1. Can you do a dealer pre-order with a trade in, Or should I order and make the deal when it comes in?
2. What are the terms of deposit? If I cancelled, what's the terms?
3. Did they give you a clue when it'll be delivered(as opposed to spring)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! Seems like you got the jump on the gun! Random questions,
1. Can you do a dealer pre-order with a trade in, Or should I order and make the deal when it comes in?
2. What are the terms of deposit? If I cancelled, what's the terms?
3. Did they give you a clue when it'll be delivered(as opposed to spring)?
I always sell my vehicles on my own. But if I were to trade one in I would wait until the truck shows up to get it evaluated.

Every dealer is different and sets their own terms. For this dealer, if you order a typical easy to sell configuration (like I did) the deposit is $500 non-refundable. If you order something hard to sell (i.e. super crew long bed 2wd in Colorado) the deposit goes up.

They can't predict when it will be delivered. Not until the order moves into the production queue. At that point I get a VIN number and pretty accurate ETA prediction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered one today. Super Crew 6-1/2' bed 4x4 Lariat.

Blue Jeans exterior
Light Camel interior

3.0 Diesel
502a package
Max Tow Package
Tow Mirrors
Technology Package
Spray in bedliner

I get X Plan pricing through my work so I know what my out-the-door cost will be already. At some point I should hear back on when it will show up at the dealer.

The diesel option was $3,000 MSRP and I think the combination I ordered would have otherwise come with the 3.5 EcoBoost. So estimates on premium cost over the EcoBoost weren't too far off.
I have a question, I tried adding the max tow package with the 3.0TD but won't let my dealer add. He can add the tow package and add the 3.55 gears but no max tow. He couldn't add the extended tank either since that was part of the max tow package. This is on a king ranch with the 601A package. Let me know since thats what i had on my previous order with the 3.5EB.

I also am able to get out-the-door cost since its with Ford's military overseas program. My deliver won't be till June upon my return from Japan. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Max Tow was not offered with no explanation. The extended range tank is not offered either. The Def tank takes up some of that room. I think this was a mistake. The dealers are still getting little information.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Max Tow was not offered with no explanation. The extended range tank is not offered either. The Def tank takes up some of that room. I think this was a mistake. The dealers are still getting little information.
That makes sense.

Thing is, with the great mileage I can live without the larger tank. I'll need to drain my own tank long before I need to fill up a 36 gallon tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to follow up, I called the dealer and double checked everything.

The towing package does not come with the trailer brake controller. You have to make sure to order that individually if you want it. Fortunately, the dealer was able to modify my order and get it added on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You'd think it'd be standard equipment in a towing package, but thanks for double checking and letting us know!
Did you get an estimated delivery date from your dealership?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'd think it'd be standard equipment in a towing package, but thanks for double checking and letting us know!
Did you get an estimated delivery date from your dealership?
Nope. I've heard rumors of production starting in March with May deliveries but no confirmation. I suspect the first thing I'll hear for sure is when my order enters production.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Talked to my dealer today. He showed me the order sheets. The brake controller came standard on my truck. I also found a website that showed following for production dates:

Detroit start production 2/26 and Kansas City start 3/10.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine back on January 18th and still no VIN. My dealership is thinking they will start delivering them in April. They are already doing the dealership road shows with demo trucks to educate the sales staff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Platinum ordered on Feb 3rd

Still no word on VIN number, my dealer thought I would hear something about now according to last discussion.
I am feeling incredibly fortunate, I was given $10K off MSRP ($70,745) with dealer getting any rebates applicable. Can't post the build however, apparently a max of 20 KB is not enough to allow a singkle page pdf to be added??? No idea how others are adding build sheets to this forum

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow that's a pretty incredible deal on a new truck, definitely say you got lucky there. Hopefully you hear an update about it soon. Best way to go about uploading a picture is to save it on a hosting site such as imgur and then posting the link here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts