Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well we know it's a SuperCrew from the spied videos and pictures. Maybe it'll have a
6-1/2' truck bed, so I would guess around $40k? Or is that wishful thinking?

·
Registered
148 Posts
But isn't the Ram Ecoboost its main competitor and their MSRP is $39,295. I would assume Ford will price the f150 close to that to be competitive.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i think that pricing is right around what the RAM 1500 Diesel was going for.

Anyone here open to getting one of those instead or just set on going the Ford route?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm definitely open to springing and pulling the trigger on a Ram 1500. I've always had a liking towards they're stylings

·
Registered
308 Posts
The new Nissan Titan seems worthy of getting a look especially with that diesel powerplant, which so far seems to be getting a very positive response. What helps is they went with Cummins, which they're pushing hard, there's even a big cummins badge on the fenders.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've had a few buddies that had the Titan, albeit not in Diesel, but with the amount of bad experiences they've had suspension, axles, and steering wise, I'm planning on steering clear of them

·
Registered
308 Posts
It actually starts from $37k. That's for the EcoDiesel 1500.

Still not bad in price, then you have to factor in how much can be chopped off the MSRP with negotiation.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh okay my apologies. But even at that, you're right, it's definitely not a bad price. Negotiation is possible along with throwing features/add-ons. Just have to stand your ground and push for the best

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would say $40ish ? $40k post negotiation would be pretty good. Anything more and I mean, ecodiesel 1500 here I come

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Ram 1500 HFE starts at $ 37,405 so around $40k is a good price but this is dependent on the standard features and final fuel economy ratings. If all it has is better fuel economy and it costs more, may as well go with the eco diesel.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Definitely, We just need some more solid specifications. Well, that and some real world testing as it seems majority of these manufacturers specs are pretty off when it comes to real world usage. Given I guess.

·
Registered
308 Posts
One thing to be on the look out for are reviews from publications since its been said car makers tend to send those guys cars that have been tweaked a bit in performance and just about where ever else possible to put a review in their favor. Reason why I wait for owners and those getting vehicles from a batch that owners would.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's pretty messed up. Is it only performance tweaks that they make ? Like a better tune or something or is it parts wise too ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's pretty messed up. Is it only performance tweaks that they make ? Like a better tune or something or is it parts wise too ?
Where ever the vehicle is supposed to shine in, which overall is performance. And as you can imagine just about anywhere else some downside can be found they'll try to make changes that can go undetected. It happens.

Lots of reports out there pointing out press cars did better than large sample sizes of production versions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts