Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Surprised we haven't seen any videos of it up in Colorado, would be a good teaser, making you really listen in to hear the diesel.. that's if the green cap wasn't already visible.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wonder how much the diesel f-150 will cost, won't sell too many if they price it like the GMC Canyon diesel option which makes you pay almost double the base price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some diesel vehicles have the DEF filler under the hood so it could be there somewhere, that's where it was located in the Land Rover. Let's hope the new diesel is nothing like the 6.0, 6.4, or 6.7

·
Registered
287 Posts
Elaborate on that please. What common issues are there with those engines ?

If it's under the hood on Land Rovers, I wouldn't doubt it having the same configuration here considering it is a JLR engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone's 6.7 left side valves were replaced at 8,000 miles, supposedly had a lot of problems but not as many initial problems as the 6.0 or 6.4.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When you say someone's, like it was just a one time issue ? Cause I mean, for examples sake, there's a guy with a Ram Rebel that apparently had to get an engine replacement within under 15k miles but it was just a freak mistake or something. No one else had that problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few of them were on Car Complaints and and there was a Technical Service Bulletin issued for the 6.7 engine. Then there are comments from people on publication websites.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If we are to see a refreshed front end then the round of this years shows might have something for us, if not, then we're out of luck. But even then I won't mind Ford has already done enough for the F150. In my honest opinion its the best looking truck out their. Much better than a **** Tundra that looks more SUV-like from the front.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The tundra certainly has a special bumper look... It's not to bad if the truck is black but in every other color and the front just looks off.

Still, I find the XLT or Ranch grille nicer than the diesel muel's.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It sure is and its a smart move since there's this whole trend of trucks becoming more luxurious and much more welcoming than they have been in the past. Ford being the leader (or one of) in this segment, it's one of the smartest moves they could make.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hauling things isn't enough for people anymore. Luxury and comfort features like a panoramic roof may be enough to sway some buyers over to the f150 diesel. I think they started putting them as an option in the 2015 model year?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I really don't think you can ever go wrong with the pano roof. Just adds that extra bit to grab peoples attentions and it's quite a spectacle to have. Not like you'll be baja racing with these things so you should be good with it lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts