Diesel F150 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Reviving this thread but my brother is a Master Diesel Tech and he swears by ArcOil AR6500 for his 6.0L PowerStroke. I have just tried it in my 3.0L with the latest fill up so will see how it goes. Here's the link in case you are curious: AR6500 Diesel Treatment
ArcOil AR6500
I know people with Super Dutys who swear by that stuff, but everything I've run it in I've noticed absolutely zero difference. Somebody may have had different experience with it however, so don't take my $0.02 as gospel.

· Administrator
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Reviving this thread but my brother is a Master Diesel Tech and he swears by ArcOil AR6500 for his 6.0L PowerStroke. I have just tried it in my 3.0L with the latest fill up so will see how it goes.
Aren't the 6.0L PowerStrokes the engines with the "stiction" issue where engine oil (instead of diesel fuel) lubricates the HEUI injectors?
  • ArchOil AR6500 is definitely a fuel additive that (according to its marketing claims)
    • Increases lubricity
    • Increases cetane/fuel efficiency
    • Decreases soot output
  • I thought it was oil-side additives that were the magic snake oil that eliminated stiction:
  • Our engines do not use HEUI injectors
    • HEUI injection systems were a one-off only on the 6.0L and 7.3L PowerStrokes
Former PowerStroke SuperDuty owners please keep me honest....

Reactions: Bigcat76us

· Registered
100 Posts
Aren't the 6.0L PowerStrokes the engines with the "stiction" issue where engine oil (instead of diesel fuel) lubricates the HEUI injectors?
  • ArchOil AR6500 is definitely a fuel additive that (according to its marketing claims)
    • Increases lubricity
    • Decreases soot output
  • I thought it was oil-side additives that were the magic snake oil that eliminated stiction:
    • ArchOil AR9100
    • RevX
I am a current PowerStroke 7.3L owner (E-350, not a "SuperDuty"), and confirm your assertion that HEUI exists on the 6.0 and 7.3 only. Oil wasn't used just to lubricate the injectors; oil pressure actually drives the fuel injection. For those interested, here is a description:

Regarding ArchOil, this is a new one for me. After seeing this post, I reached out to the company for clarification on some technical data. Still waiting for a repsonse, but I will relay any further info if I get it.

· Registered
7 Posts
I am a current PowerStroke 7.3L owner (E-350, not a "SuperDuty"), and confirm your assertion that HEUI exists on the 6.0 and 7.3 only. Oil wasn't used just to lubricate the injectors; oil pressure actually drives the fuel injection. For those interested, here is a description:

Regarding ArchOil, this is a new one for me. After seeing this post, I reached out to the company for clarification on some technical data. Still waiting for a repsonse, but I will relay any further info if I get it.
I look forward to hear what they respond with to you Beaker. I can say after a couple of tanks of this going through the system I find no real difference. Regens, MPGs, smoothness all the same at 46K on the engine.

I think I will try the Standyne next to see if that changes. Should I let a tank of just Diesel flush through the system first or just roll with it the next fillup?

· Registered
185 Posts
  • ArchOil AR6500is definitely a fuel additive that (according to its marketing claims)
    • Increases lubricity
    • Decreases soot output
I know my Dad has sworn by Archoil in his Super Duty trucks (1999 7.3, 2003 6.0, 2011 6.7, 2014 6.7, and now a 2017 6.7).

However, every truck of mine I've tried it in (2007 5.9 Cummins, 2014 6.7 Cummins, 2015 Ecodiesel, and now 2018 3.0 Powerstroke), I've not noticed any improvements from running it. To each their own.

· Administrator
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I know my Dad has sworn by Archoil in his Super Duty trucks (1999 7.3, 2003 6.0, 2011 6.7, 2014 6.7, and now a 2017 6.7).
Wondering how much of this "swearing by it" loyalty is from ArchOil solving the stiction issues on the 1999 7.3L and 2003 6.0L SuperDuty and your Dad just "sticking with what works" even though the injection system design has completely changed in the later model SuperDutys?

However, every truck of mine I've tried it in (2007 5.9 Cummins, 2014 6.7 Cummins, 2015 Ecodiesel, and now 2018 3.0 Powerstroke), I've not noticed any improvements from running it. To each their own.
Thanks for feeding back your honest evaluation to counter some of the marketing hype...

Reactions: navyR113
21 - 30 of 30 Posts