Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a light on dash that lights up when the regen is happening? Or is there something that needs to be enabled in Forscan? and will the dealer wanna do it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not from the factory, but I know it can be turned on using Forscan. It's on my list of things to do. There's threads here and in f150forum.com that show how to do it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is no light, and as far as I am aware, there's not way to do this using forscan either. To know you have to activate the DPF % and watch it. Regen will start as soon as it hits 100%. You can turn on a manual regen toggle in forscan as well, where you can turn off auto regen if you're getting close to home with say a 95% full dpf, and don't want a regen to start. Ford decided that on these newer diesels, it was best that no one knows when it's doing a regen, for some reason.

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Powerstroke diesel King Ranch
67 Posts
Yes, using FORScan you can add a field that tells you DPF filter percentage full, and you can add a control to turn off automatic regeneration. But you can’t initiate regeneration when you like, you can only wait until it hits 100% then go drive for about 15 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most of my driving is about 4 miles to work and another 4 miles to home. it always seemed it was in and out of regen. I did the forscan and now can deactivate it. I am getting about 200 miles after a full regen before it does it again, I held off the last time until I go a message that the filter was saturated. Other than doing a manual regen is there anyway to get more mileage before a regen ( besides doing hwy driving) I am back driving my 2002 ford F150 to commute and leaving the 3.0 in the driveway for trips

·
Administrator
504 Posts

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts