Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Forscan and @Crsavage1 we can do a regen in our driveway. I am guessing this would usually only be needed to clear a trouble code, but I did want to do it to see if it worked out well, and it did. 85% down to 0, took about 24 minutes and it hit 0 about 9 minutes before the engine returned to normal idle. Some notes:

-When it began engine idle went to 1,700 rpm or so and stayed there.
-Temperature went from normal to 212F and stayed around there throughout.
-I felt like this did a better job than a highway regen. Can't prove it but just my feeling.
-Edited to add- you need not load all modules with the switch, the basic modules are all automatically loaded when you access the OBDII port. If you only have the OBDII thingy without the switch you are fine.

I am pleased to have this tool available to us DIYers.

Here is a very poor 15 minute video about the process, but you don't really need it as it is pretty straightforward.

·
Administrator
479 Posts
@Dunrollin - thanks for verifying and documenting this Doug! I followed the original directions to enable, but never had the balls to try it, and have been unchecking the box to delay until I had a chance to take my truck on a "blow-out" run...

Good to know that the latest FORScan level now works (if I ever need a manual regen)

Thanks to @Crsavage1 for chasing the FORScan Dev team to get OCR functionality working....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Am I correct that the difference between this and the Operator Commanded Regen is that the above method can be started when the DPF is <100% full?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a video of a Ford Focus 1.6 diesel undergoing static regen through Forscan. Several differences from our trucks, especially ours does regen at about 1,700 rpms while the Focus was up at near 3,900! I would have run away from that screaming monster. Also they try to increase the electrical load, we are told to reduce our load, and they are not told to open the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts