Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wondering if anyone has tried the Ecogard fuel filters on our 3.0's? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X1ZCN59

Very few reviews for this particular filter. But searching Amazon for Ecogard diesel fuel filters results in generally positive reviews, and some negative reviews, for Ecogard fuel filters for other diesel applications.
Avoid. third party filters have caused way too many destroyed diesel engines for it to be worth it. Challenge is most of them don't have the patent to produce the same filter, so they modify something, and that something may destroy your engine. Just buy motorcraft filters, and know you'll never have a problem, they're only like $20 more.

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Interesting find. As Laytunes suggested they don't have the patent, but has that really bothered Chinese items before? My only concern is the filter under the truck as mine took a huge amount of torque to remove even though it was factory installed, first change. I was afraid I would break the plastic and be in a world of hurt. If this is equally strong or even stronger that is not a problem, but if the plastic is even just a bit weaker...

Based on everything about Ecogard filters I have read on BITOG I think the filtration is probably OK.

Photo comparisons with Motorcraft seem similar.

Computer Personal computer Laptop Peripheral Netbook

Computer Font Personal computer Line Office equipment

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. I remain skeptical. Too many things that could be not quite right that may result in fuel and / or fuel pump and / or fuel injector problems. I'm planning to stick with OEM Motorcraft fuel filters - at least until others are the guinea pigs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.