Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F150 PS XLT FX4 S/C Long Bed Blue Jeans.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting the Edge insight for my 2020 F150 PS. Called Edge they don’t have one for the 2020 “yet”. And informed me the 2019 version might not work on the 2020. Anyone know what might have changed between 19 and 20. That would make it not work. Mostly wanting to keep eye on regen/DPF and maybe EGT.

·
Administrator
822 Posts
@Shrsr - first things first, let me welcome you here to the forums! Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself over on the New Member Introductions sub forum.

I purchased an Edge Insight CTS3 earlier this year for my 2018 F150 PS Platinum. I didn't call them prior to purchase, as I was only interested in using the Edge CTS3 for monitoring PIDs, which is it more than capable of doing. In addition to PID monitoring, you can also use the Edge CTS3 for displaying any DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) if you have a CEL (Check Engine Light) in your IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)

The Edge Insight platform can also be used for delivering engine "tunes" for performance on more popular engine platforms = Edge does NOT offer any tunes for our F150 PS 3.0L V6 Diesels, so I "think" this is what they were alluding to when they said "it doesn't work" on the 2019/2020 models. If you are only interested in PID monitoring, this unit is more than capable of doing what you want.

One of the other features I like is the Expandable Accessory System (EAS) Power switch, which allows you to use the monitor as a digital switch to power aftermarket accessories, so that you don't have to drill any holes in the dash or elsewhere to mount a power switch = think aftermarket light bar, compressor for air lift suspension, etc.

As for my experience, I like the product. Initially my Edge CTS3 would power on after starting my truck but all of the PIDs being monitored would be "frozen" requiring un/plugging the unit into the OBDii port to reset = a PITA. I was going to return the unit but I got the firmware updates over my truck's WiFi working, and the latest firmware update seems to have resolved the frozen PIDs issue.

If you have any other questions regarding the Edge Insight CTS3, please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
2020 F150 PS XLT FX4 S/C Long Bed Blue Jeans.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info. You are right I am just wanting to monitor no need or desire to tune. Not tech savvy enough to play with forscan. My luck I would wipe the truck completely. Still trying to decide on waiting for the 2020 edge version or just get the 2019. My luck I will get the 19 and a week later the 20 version will come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts