Diesel F150 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally had time to schedule my EGR By-Pass Valve recall on my 2019 3.0 Liter Platinum and I got a new "excuse" for you guys.

Like I have read in this thread I called to set up an appointment so they could order the part and not waste dead time with the truck just sitting there. I have not used this dealership for anything but am driving 45 minutes to get to it because of a recommendation AND the service department at the dealer right down the street are IDIOTS!

So the service guy tells me to bring in my truck, they will inspect it then order the part. I was like... it's a recall... we know it has to be done... order the part so it is there when I arrive.... Can't do that. "We have to scan a number on the truck and only then will Ford release the part to us." Really?? I gave them my VIN. But I do not have a service history with this dealership. Is this BS?

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
You are right, I have not heard that one before. I am still waiting for the dust to settle on this recall but I am in the same boat you are. The local dealer screwed up my first 3.0 powerstroke so I have to travel elsewhere to get it done. Not looking forward to that.

·
Administrator
693 Posts
@Watchmaker - sounds like the same line of BS I originally got from the service receptionist at my dealership, so I wonder if this is documented some place as a stall tactic, as you can clearly see that the word inspection does not show up anywhere in the 20E04 Dealer Recall letter than @schlotzj posted in Post #7 of this thread.

Do what I did and tell them you are holding the 20E04 Dealer Letter (dated 11/20/20) in your hand and ask them specifically where an inspection is documented/required. If they resist and want to use this dealer, then ask for the Service Manager; otherwise, I would find another dealer (sigh) My service receptionist went off and talked to someone before caving and ordering the parts for my 20E04 recall.

This shouldn't have to be this hard, but it seems like all dealerships hate performing either 18E02 and 20E04 because they feel Ford Corporate did not allot enough billable warranty time to complete this recall, but that is really an issue the Ford Corporate needs to sort out with their dealer network and not stick the owners in the middle of this....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Laytunes,
What dealer did you use in Calgary? I sent you a separate message as well but new to this forum/ messaging.9
Thanks I didn't notice the message. Advantage Ford in the SE, did a great job. I responded to your message.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No issues at my dealer either. A day after the recall popped up on ford pass I contacted them and they had to order parts. Three days after that and the parts were there waiting for me to make an appointment.

I am holding off in hopes of not being the first EGR repair for them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
No issues at my dealer either. A day after the recall popped up on ford pass I contacted them and they had to order parts. Three days after that and the parts were there waiting for me to make an appointment.

I am holding off in hopes of not being the first EGR repair for them.
Not sure why everyone's afraid to be first... If I'm cooking something for the first time.. I follow the recipe (aka ford manual). If i've done it 10 times, that's when I throw the cookbook in the garbage and wing it (and make mistakes/cut corners). point is you're likely to get more attention paid to your truck if you're the first, it's human nature.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
My dealer scanned the truck number and parts came in within a week. Not downplaying the inconvenience, but maybe there's something to scanning that number?

·
Administrator
693 Posts
My dealer scanned the truck number and parts came in within a week. Not downplaying the inconvenience, but maybe there's something to scanning that number?
Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what "truck number" needs to be scanned? VIN #? Something on EGR cooler?

·
Registered
2018 F150 King Ranch, 3.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 4x4, FX package, with all the bells and whistles
6 Posts
I dropped mine off last Thursday morning (1/7) for this recall and finally got it back 6 days later. Apparently the first EGR valve was defective from Ford so they had to get another. So basically they did it twice. Just brought it home and everything seems just like before...perfect. This was the 2nd one they’ve done so far. I was just leaving when another 3.0 was going in for the same.

They also did recall 20N03 (unintended tailgate opening) while in the shop so that was good. Looks like just a harness modification and new switch.

I got the Oasis report when all done but the recent work is not showing up yet and strangely enough, the first EGR replacement not showing but that was by the first owner and with a different dealer so perhaps they have to query it differently. I’ll wait a few days and see if someone on this site can run an Oasis for me as the dealer said it takes about 48 hours for the recall to clear.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I got the Oasis report when all done but the recent work is not showing up yet and strangely enough, the first EGR replacement not showing but that was by the first owner and with a different dealer so perhaps they have to query it differently. I’ll wait a few days and see if someone on this site can run an Oasis for me as the dealer said it takes about 48 hours for the recall to clear.
I haven't had the time to get my OASIS report, but the first recall does not show in my FordPass App, yet the second one does. I am the original owner, so that may have nothing to do with it?

·
Administrator
693 Posts
Yes, the VIN on the door tag. They politely said they had to do it, and I didn't think nothing of it.
So the VIN they already have on file and on the top of every Repair Order (RO)? Guess it isn't a big deal if you use your local dealer (mine is < 1/2 mile from where I work) but for those owners who are traveling > 45 minutes because they don't trust their local dealer to perform 20E04, it sounds like a smoke screen...

Reactions: mascrappo

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just opened the FordPass app for the first time in a while and it looks like it's been updated. Now I don't see any recalls for my truck at all?!
It used to show one for the frozen door locks and the egr. Now nothing. I've looked through every tab - is anyone else seeing this?
I was waiting for my next service to get the egr done but now I'm not sure what's up

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
I just refreshed mine and it has all my recalls that I have avoided so far.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just opened the FordPass app for the first time in a while and it looks like it's been updated. Now I don't see any recalls for my truck at all?!
It used to show one for the frozen door locks and the egr. Now nothing. I've looked through every tab - is anyone else seeing this?
I was waiting for my next service to get the egr done but now I'm not sure what's up
Sign out, and back in, fixed it right up for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks guys - still nothing. Maybe the updated version doesn't work with non-touchscreen versions of sync?

·
Registered
2018 F150 King Ranch, 3.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 4x4, FX package, with all the bells and whistles
6 Posts
My recall finally cleared from the FordPass app so was wondering if anyone here can run an Oasis report for me to see the write ups? If so, IM me and I’ll send you my VIN. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally had time to schedule my EGR By-Pass Valve recall on my 2019 3.0 Liter Platinum and I got a new "excuse" for you guys.

Like I have read in this thread I called to set up an appointment so they could order the part and not waste dead time with the truck just sitting there. I have not used this dealership for anything but am driving 45 minutes to get to it because of a recommendation AND the service department at the dealer right down the street are IDIOTS!

So the service guy tells me to bring in my truck, they will inspect it then order the part. I was like... it's a recall... we know it has to be done... order the part so it is there when I arrive.... Can't do that. "We have to scan a number on the truck and only then will Ford release the part to us." Really?? I gave them my VIN. But I do not have a service history with this dealership. Is this BS?
I dropped my truck off at the appointed time 9:30 am last Monday the 18th. Parts were then ordered. They received the parts on Wednesday. Today (Saturday) Not a dam thing has been done to my truck the past 6 days.

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
I wonder why they wouldn't let you use YOUR truck until they were ready to actually work on it. That is a level of arrogance that is hard to understand.

181 - 200 of 232 Posts