Diesel F150 Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
Thanks for the knowledge..I looked on Ford Pass and it said 20E04, so Im assuming there was no 18E02 needed as my Ford Pass did not show it..Sometimes technology scares me..
If your truck was built after October 10, 2018 (I think, I know it was in October sometime) your engine already had the upgraded egr valve. Upgraded but still possibly defective. The pre-October egr valves just had the screws screwed in so some came out, the new ones had the screws welded. Now the issue seems to be the shaft can fracture. Go figure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good info..Mine is a 2019 build..I was chewing on my toenails after reading some drama with the recall, makes me feel better, because i really like my truck, and this is my 4th powerstroke...7.3 No issues ,just load..6.0.. 1 partial delete and it failed, then had it bullet proofed then still had issues..then 6.7 no issues, just did not like the mileage and did not need the weight capacity, then this 3.0..So for the best truck I've owned..Had 2 Rams in between, a 2500 and 3500.. Great engines, but every creature comfort went bad inside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2019 3.0 was not subject to the earlier EGR recall, but was subject to the later 20E04 EGR recall (which was done successfully Dec. 2020).
My 2019 PS diesel was assembled in Oct. 2019, which is very late in the 2019 model year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I am new to the 3.0 powerstroke and see that it has the open recall 20E04 my question is there anyone in the Denver area that has had this done? What dealership would you recommend? I'd like to get it scheduled soon, Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my recall done last week, Two days and I had it back. Had a 2020 platinum eco to drive. it was like driving my 18. I have been tossing around about going back to an eco. The eco has faster get up and go but normal driving the torque on the 3.0 feels better.

So I have a question about oil changes. Can someone give me a good reason why it cost $110 bucks at a dealer for an oil change. The only thing I can think of is they group it in with the big brother that take an oil tanker when its time to change oil. I can't see why our trucks are not eligible for the works package. The price of the oil and filter are pretty much a wash:confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
Good question. I do my own and the costs are not out of line for a normal oil change. Filter (Should be under $10), 7 or so quarts of oil (I can't remember the exact capacity), labor (1/2 hour) and misc for rags and such.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my recall done last week, Two days and I had it back. Had a 2020 platinum eco to drive. it was like driving my 18. I have been tossing around about going back to an eco. The eco has faster get up and go but normal driving the torque on the 3.0 feels better.

So I have a question about oil changes. Can someone give me a good reason why it cost $110 bucks at a dealer for an oil change. The only thing I can think of is they group it in with the big brother that take an oil tanker when its time to change oil. I can't see why our trucks are not eligible for the works package. The price of the oil and filter are pretty much a wash:confused::confused:
I had my oil changed two weeks ago at the dealer with the regular blend F-150 oil for $59. Did you request full synthetic? It is more expensive.

·
Administrator
693 Posts
There are two "grades" of F150 Diesel oil that support the Ford WSS-M2C214-B1 specification:
  • SAE 5W30 F150 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil
  • SAE 10W30 F150 Diesel Motor Oil
which are described here:

Gentle reminder that this thread is for the FSA 20E04 EGR By-pass valve recall, so please stay on topic.

If you want to discuss cost of oil changes, either:
  • Start a new thread
  • Post to Did I miss something? thread where cost of oil changes has been discussed previously

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I took my new to me 2018 in for the open 2nd EGR recall last week. Dealer kept it all day then called to say they were unable to start the job due to not having all the parts. After confirming parts came in, I took the truck in again this morning. Late afternoon they called again and said that it appears that during the first EGR recall the service tech broke off 2 bolts and "messed up" several others. They will have to drill and extract one. Additional parts, bolts and gaskets need to be ordered to complete the now more extensive work. They seem really apologetic for the poor workmanship completed at a different dealer, but promised that they will make it right. At least two more days at the shop. Thank you incompetent technicians on previous work!!!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
So, I took my new to me 2018 in for the open 2nd EGR recall last week. Dealer kept it all day then called to say they were unable to start the job due to not having all the parts. After confirming parts came in, I took the truck in again this morning. Late afternoon they called again and said that it appears that during the first EGR recall the service tech broke off 2 bolts and "messed up" several others. They will have to drill and extract one. Additional parts, bolts and gaskets need to be ordered to complete the now more extensive work. They seem really apologetic for the poor workmanship completed at a different dealer, but promised that they will make it right. At least two more days at the shop. Thank you incompetent technicians on previous work!!!
I feel your pain, my first EGR recall was a total F-up too

·
Registered
'19 Platinum, FX4, Carpeted Bed Liner, WT No-Drill M/F, R/W well covers. 20E04 done.
3 Posts

Did the dealership loan you the 2020 Platinum Eco?

221 - 232 of 232 Posts