Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking, not changing, the parameters on Forscan and the automatic regen parameter is disabled is this correct?? I thought the truck was suppose to regen at a certain level that has been reached. I wondering if the dealer mechanic who no longer works there, reset the module???

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think that just means that the prompt for auto regen is disabled on the instrument cluster, not the automatic regens itself. If you enable that under the IPC, and select option 3 under "dpf manual regeneration" in the PCM (not as built), it gives you the option to inhibit an auto regen. This can be useful if you're at 95% and only a few miles from home, and don't want to bother with a regen cycle. Otherwise, the truck will regen when the DPF gets to the deemed 100% full status normally.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that just means that the prompt for auto regen is disabled on the instrument cluster, not the automatic regens itself. If you enable that under the IPC, and select option 3 under "dpf manual regeneration" in the PCM (not as built), it gives you the option to inhibit an auto regen. This can be useful if you're at 95% and only a few miles from home, and don't want to bother with a regen cycle. Otherwise, the truck will regen when the DPF gets to the deemed 100% full status normally.
Thanks, I just enabled the auto regen in the IPC and Regen Filter % so I can monitor the next regen cycle. Like some on the forum I too typically go short distances < 5 miles so may the PCM change might make sense too. I see what happens...

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
Seeing the %dpf is very valuable as there have been several times I am about to regen just before arrinving home, for example. I can disable regen until I am going to drive enough to complete the process. Theoretically if you only drive a few miles and the dpf needs to regen but can't at some point of time you get a warning to drive until a regen can complete. We finally do have a process to do a regen on demand (see Driveway Regen ) but that is unnecessary if you can drive the filter clean from time to time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I made it so that I can now see the Regen Filter Full %. It was at 90% this morning so I went for a drive and watched % progess. When it reached 100% full it started, in about 10 minutes or so, start to regress downward 95, 90, 85, etc until it reached 30% and it plateau and started going back up now its in the driveway at 40%. So, I guess I was expecting it to go to 0%... Does this mean that the filter(s) are failing or ?? I tried to initiate a regen in service module of forscan but it recommended against it presumably because 40% was too low. Any feedback or insight on this from the group??

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
I have had the exact same results with regen. Sometimes it will go to zero, other times not. One time I drove 40 miles or so on the interstate and it got down to 25 or so and was up to 40 when I got home. In general it always fills up to about 55% quickly then slows down quite a bit. I am not sure if this is the same as others but it seems to be similar to yours.

Reactions: navyR113
1 - 6 of 6 Posts