Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have changed their oil, is it the regular 14mm thread plug Ford uses on many models? If so, is it magnetic? Also, is there room for a Fumoto valve under the skid plate cover on a 4 x 4? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have done it a couple times and I believe it is 15mm socket. There is not much room. I cut out a hole under the drain plug so I dont have to remove the shield next time. That is the only pain in the ass for the whole process.

·
Super Moderator
847 Posts
Several members on F150forum.com report completely removing the cloth/carpet shield whatever it is and never looking back.

I put mine back in place after first oil change. But I had the young guys at the car wash do it while I supervised. :)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several members on F150forum.com report completely removing the cloth/carpet shield whatever it is and never looking back.

I put mine back in place after first oil change. But I had the young guys at the car wash do it while I supervised. :)

Carpet shield can stay until it starts falling apart then off it goes. It's not difficult task anyways. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
847 Posts
Took the kids at the car wash less than 10 minutes to do mine. Cant be that hard. I watched them, they put it all back togather right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.