Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
If Ford can deliver on an engine that can pump out around 400 horsepower and at least 400lb-ft of torque while being more fuel efficient, then I'm all for going from a 5.0L to a 4.8L.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And here I thought the v8 would be a dying breed. It shouldn't really be that hard for them to bring it out with the 400 hp and torque thing though. Making it more fuel efficient is going to be the interesting part however.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manufacturers seems to be going smaller and smaller these days. I was surprised they were going the V8 route too. Maybe they have a way to make it more fuel efficient than its smaller counterparts?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure it won't be more fuel efficient, but could be significantly more fuel efficient that you're regular v8 ? Potentially making it closer to a smaller sized engine with the power and torque of a v8 engine. That'll be the only way it'll be feasible for people

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's all down to emissions when it comes to larger engines and fuel efficiency. Thanks VW... That's why larger engines are disappearing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That definitely was a great contribution to the dying 'Murica.

Well I guess we'll just see what these produce and what they can be tuned to produce as well. Could just be heavily conservative tuned and just needs to be opened up

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's all down to emissions when it comes to larger engines and fuel efficiency. Thanks VW... That's why larger engines are disappearing.
VW is only part of it. This whole process of moving to efficient engines started well before that. VW's situation just brought the whole scandal side to light triggering more investigations and skepticism in the industry with consumers and regulation bodies. Your missing the bigger picture. Do some research and you'll see its bigger than VW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts