Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we're finally starting to get some official reviews of the new powerstroke. During the test drive/review Tom managed to average around 23mpg. Considering this model is around $3-$4K more than 3.5 Ecoboost, I was really hoping to see a bigger improvement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for this. I've had a tough time to find reviews that pertain just to the diesel. Have to wait for some more real world mpg numbers, because I agree that the additional money doesn't really seem worth it at 23.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem. Just glad to see that more publications are starting to get hands on time with it. Have to see if whats been reported here is mirrored by other reviews.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had mine now since August 4th and have just over 2000 miles on it. I drive about 40/60 City/Highway and I am averaging right at 25MPG. I did drive it on a 2 hour all highway trip at 70MPH and averaged just under 30MPG. I am very pleased!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome! That's great to hear that your real world numbers are even better than what's been reported here. Typically reviewers only get a few hours with the vehicle, so its probably tough to get some realistic figures.

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Diesel
18 Posts
My intercity commute around 30-45mph I get between 20-22mpg. I just did a trip over the mountain pass for a weekend camping trip going 60-70mph and averaged 25mpg. Can’t wait to see what I can do on a longer trip that I’m not all in the mountains.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m in the 24-27mpg in town and 30mpg on the highway with ease emissions deleted and on the 120hp 260ft lbs tune all in all 15k miles no complaints

1 - 8 of 8 Posts