Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very excited to pick up my new 2018 F150 diesel. I was supposed to pick it up yesterday, but FSA 18E02 was released and the dealer did not have the part, so instead of picking up my new (leftover 2018) Lariat SuperCrew diesel, I am driving a 'loaner' 2019 F150 XLT Sport 5.0. My previous pickup was a 2014 Ford F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It was a great truck. I tow a diesel tractor on my low boy trailer - total weight of the two is around 7,200 pounds - roughly 5 or 6 times a year and I tow a utility trailer that weighs about 3,500 lbs more often, and twice a year I two a 22' pontoon boat to the water (spring) and away from the water to storage (fall). While my F150 Ecoboost was a great truck, I drive 92 miles one way to work each day (and 92 miles back home each evening), so I think the diesel will be a great vehicle. My 2014 had close to 200,000 on it so I was looking for something that I could tow well with but maybe got a little better fuel economy. I looked at the 2.7, but the tow capacity seemed to be too close to the max weight I would be towing, so the diesel seemed like a great solution. Hopefully they get the part soon so I can pick up my new truck. This will be my first diesel pickup truck (I've had diesel tractors and dump trucks, never a pickup truck) and I'm pretty excited to get it.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
When did they say they will get the EGR?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They said they would get it today, which they did and they are installing it - supposedly I will have my truck by Friday. I'm out of town until Saturday morning - well, out of the state and about 2,000 miles away, so it strikes me as sort of ok.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeff and congrats on your new F150. Bet you are eager to start putting some miles on it. Hope everything goes smoothly with the fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. Still in Seattle for work (I live in Michigan), but my wife picked up the truck yesterday, so now I just need to get on the plane and get home to be able to drive it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts