Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son recently "stole" my Excursion with a 7.3 PS @300k miles. Now I am a proud owner of a Range Rover HSE with the Ford made 3.0 AJD-V6. I joined this forum because these are basically the same motors and am interested in mods, DPF delete, EGR delete, and tune that will make this Rover drive better. Don't be hating the 100k sled on 22s, Land Rover and Ford are not so distant cousins.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is a nice land rover and yes ford designers have cloned the looks for their products like the explorer. This engine is so new here that a lot people don't have the answers to your questions. There is a company or several of them working on tunes for this but none have come to market yet. That is strange that they are importing the diesel land rovers as well, but guess with the increased cafe numbers it was bound to happen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My son recently "stole" my Excursion with a 7.3 PS @300k miles. Now I am a proud owner of a Range Rover HSE with the Ford made 3.0 AJD-V6. I joined this forum because these are basically the same motors and am interested in mods, DPF delete, EGR delete, and tune that will make this Rover drive better. Don't be hating the 100k sled on 22s, Land Rover and Ford are not so distant cousins.

Welcome I’ve gotta deleted 3.0 powerstroke not sure if there’s anything available for your unit yet . Nice choice I’ll hold back on showing my wife she wants a rover or another truck 😂

·
Registered
308 Posts
At least with those LR's the only dependable thing might just be what comes from Ford. How has it been holding up? Any issues?

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice SUV !My Dutch business partner had a Discovery with a smaller diesel. It was very reliable, but rather agricultural. (loud and a bit crude). I was sorry when Ford dropped Land Rover and Volvo. Darned bean counters, I thought that they could have made both companies work, gave up too easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Range Rover 3.0L TDV6 Turbo-Diesel ECU Tuning – Velocity Automotive Performance

- enjoy! I'm doing so.
just find a muffler wizard who can fabricate your DPF downpipe and EGR delete; and bang on! Bob's your uncle. 600+ very fun and very spirited torques. acceleration is phenomenal. the looks on other drivers' faces are most satisfying...

cheers

·
Super Moderator
413 Posts
I am liking that plastic engine cover, may look for one at a junk yard. Would really throw off a mechanic who opens my F150 hood to find a Land Rover power plant smiling back at him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car. I just got mine tuned. Enjoy
I am tuning the L405 now, I am on the second time that I have a message that says, DEF fluid quality poor, 249 miles until the no restart condition. SO I am 238 miles from home......oH [email protected] I had this problem before and the stealership in Baton Rouge, LA was kind enough to flash the ECU with a patch that solved the problem at no charge. I live in Fort Lauderdale, and the stealer here wants 5 hours to diagnose and then stick it to me. I figure that they will get me for 2K before the hostage is released from custody.

I've put 20k on the RR and now I have the same message. It's time to go Stage 1 with DFP and EGR delete. The truck is sitting in my driveway running as I wait for the email with the new mapping so I can crack open the EDC17 and get it on the BDM rack to flash it.

Let's see how this goes.

Other than this.....MAJOR...problem, the truck has been great. So far it has never left me stranded, just inconvenienced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh dang, flashed the ecu and wow. Did the software egr and def disable primarily just to be able to drive the car. Land Rover has a stupid fed emission program that will make the car no start if it senses any hint of a exhaust sensor problem. Worst part is there is a software glitch that does the same thing, no start after xxx miles. Got to zero, left it running, went to stealership and instead of re-programming the ECU, as they did last year, want to do a full diagnositcs before they would consider programming errors. That would have been 5 hours, plus all the emissions parts they wanted to test and replace.....$140 per hour.

A few hundred bucks later at a Indy repair, lights are gone, and back to normal.....well better than normal. Codes clear, emissions disabled so now it's time to blank egr and hog out dpf.

Primary goal was to get car to start. I asked for a stage 1 tune, but we were not sure the programmer would be able to defeat the emissions and just hoped we could get past the no start condition. When I handed the fob, Indy said, take it and see if any lights come on. I asked if it got a tune also, and he said, I don't know, but you maybe able to tell by driving it.

Oh yeah, it got tuned, the front end lifts when you hit it. Next is exhaust mod and disconnecting some extra stuff. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh dang, flashed the ecu and wow. Did the software egr and def disable primarily just to be able to drive the car. Land Rover has a stupid fed emission program that will make the car no start if it senses any hint of a exhaust sensor problem. Worst part is there is a software glitch that does the same thing, no start after xxx miles. Got to zero, left it running, went to stealership and instead of re-programming the ECU, as they did last year, want to do a full diagnositcs before they would consider programming errors. That would have been 5 hours, plus all the emissions parts they wanted to test and replace.....$140 per hour.

A few hundred bucks later at a Indy repair, lights are gone, and back to normal.....well better than normal. Codes clear, emissions disabled so now it's time to blank egr and hog out dpf.

Primary goal was to get car to start. I asked for a stage 1 tune, but we were not sure the programmer would be able to defeat the emissions and just hoped we could get past the no start condition. When I handed the fob, Indy said, take it and see if any lights come on. I asked if it got a tune also, and he said, I don't know, but you maybe able to tell by driving it.

Oh yeah, it got tuned, the front end lifts when you hit it. Next is exhaust mod and disconnecting some extra stuff. Pretty cool.
Findre so where or who in Florida was able to tune ur RR?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually the programmer is in South America, the shop is in Oakland Park and used a Magic Motorsports Flex to upload from OBD.

Btw, Celtic Timing is not helpful. I contacted them and they jerked me around for a few days and never got back to me.

I gutted the dfp welded the ground flap back on and left everything connected. Time to get rid of the extra egr weight. Car ran after tune with everything disconnected on the exhaust, except the up and downstream O2 and the muffler back pressure sensor.

I would really love to add a second turbo like the sdv6, but I am a little concerned about the crank grenading at some point. Ford forged the 2018-2019 PS, JLR didn't get that upgrade.

QUOTE="Sal, post: 25742, member: 3195"]
I would like to know who or where you got your RR tune in Florida?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the Info.. I feel the same way as you but from DNA tunning.. i have sent them all kinds on info they wanted and just been waiting and still can not get answer. Im not really looking for more power I just want the engine to be running clean without recirculating all that soot back into my intake and I mean a little more power wouldn't hurt.. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts