Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son recently "stole" my Excursion with a 7.3 PS @300k miles. Now I am a proud owner of a Range Rover HSE with the Ford made 3.0 AJD-V6. I joined this forum because these are basically the same motors and am interested in mods, DPF delete, EGR delete, and tune that will make this Rover drive better. Don't be hating the 100k sled on 22s, Land Rover and Ford are not so distant cousins.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is a nice land rover and yes ford designers have cloned the looks for their products like the explorer. This engine is so new here that a lot people don't have the answers to your questions. There is a company or several of them working on tunes for this but none have come to market yet. That is strange that they are importing the diesel land rovers as well, but guess with the increased cafe numbers it was bound to happen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My son recently "stole" my Excursion with a 7.3 PS @300k miles. Now I am a proud owner of a Range Rover HSE with the Ford made 3.0 AJD-V6. I joined this forum because these are basically the same motors and am interested in mods, DPF delete, EGR delete, and tune that will make this Rover drive better. Don't be hating the 100k sled on 22s, Land Rover and Ford are not so distant cousins.

Welcome I’ve gotta deleted 3.0 powerstroke not sure if there’s anything available for your unit yet . Nice choice I’ll hold back on showing my wife she wants a rover or another truck 😂

·
Registered
308 Posts
At least with those LR's the only dependable thing might just be what comes from Ford. How has it been holding up? Any issues?

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice SUV !My Dutch business partner had a Discovery with a smaller diesel. It was very reliable, but rather agricultural. (loud and a bit crude). I was sorry when Ford dropped Land Rover and Volvo. Darned bean counters, I thought that they could have made both companies work, gave up too easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Range Rover 3.0L TDV6 Turbo-Diesel ECU Tuning – Velocity Automotive Performance

- enjoy! I'm doing so.
just find a muffler wizard who can fabricate your DPF downpipe and EGR delete; and bang on! Bob's your uncle. 600+ very fun and very spirited torques. acceleration is phenomenal. the looks on other drivers' faces are most satisfying...

cheers

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I am liking that plastic engine cover, may look for one at a junk yard. Would really throw off a mechanic who opens my F150 hood to find a Land Rover power plant smiling back at him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts