Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) is like the holy grail of customized vehicles, a chance for automakers to show off what they're capable of and Ford is going to bring a few modified F-150 trucks to the show.

There's going to be a F-150 SuperCrew by Bojix Design, F-150 SuperCab A.R.E. Accessories, BMX-themed F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, and a EraThr3 F-150 SuperCrew by Hulst Customs..

·
Registered
308 Posts
I hate the last one since it has that whole Harley Davidson Edition look and too much of what Chip Foose would do. First one is what i'm about since sometimes you have to burn off some steam on the dunes ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually prefer the third option, something that is great for camping if there's some kind of side walls for when the roof is raised. Perfect for finding those out of the way campsites without worrying about how a car's suspension would handle it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The first and third option are what really strike me. The second one is definitely not what these things are intended for ! Granted, I do like to see them on the road laying frame, I just personally wouldn't want one ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is definitely meant for extreme off-road. Spare wheels, huge light bar on top, lifted a good amount, and a massive skid plate just from what we can see. Ready for anything !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's already a large amount of aftermarket parts out for the f-150 and most of them will probably be compatible with the new diesel F-150.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really depends on how much of the body dimensions Ford has changed on the diesel variant and other undercarriage updates we still haven't seen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone is interested, Bojix Designs's supercrew is using the Addictive Desert Designs front and rear bumpers. they certainly looks nice on the front but I'd probably stick with tried and true Rhino.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've personally never heard of Addictive Desert Designs before but I haven't really dug my nose too deep anyhow. I've always heard of Rhino though so that'll be my best bet to be honest.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hard to deviate from a company like Rhino who's just so well known in the aftermarket for their bull bars and other protective products. What other aftermarket company is your go to guys for mods?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Definitely love the exclusivity of having things a lot of people don't... kinda makes me go to sleep better at night too ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guess I'm going to be one of those practical f150 owners, grab something affordable and does the job even if it's not very exclusive. Going to need an LED light bar too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts