Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Glad to see there are these small indications of production on the diesel ramping up, probably the next places to look at with their suppliers since that falls in line with this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm more amazed at your sleuthing skills than the plant expansion.

"23 month fixed term contracts", does that mean the diesel F150 will have a short production life?

·
Registered
308 Posts

"23 month fixed term contracts", does that mean the diesel F150 will have a short production life?
Sure does and from what it seems they could be pushing these out like a gatling gun when you consider how good they would sell and the amount required to cover costs and hopefully pull a profit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It´s very rare with lifetime contracts nowadays. It´s just a way to pass the Unions rules in a smoth way. This 23 months limitation doesn´t mean any productions time limits.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wasn't thinking of lifetime contracts, but was under the assumption that the production plant would like to keep the same people for the duration of a model as they're going to be more efficient over time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It´s very rare with lifetime contracts nowadays. It´s just a way to pass the Unions rules in a smoth way. This 23 months limitation doesn´t mean any productions time limits.
Valid point since there are far more influential factors as to what production numbers they need to put out and in what timeframe.

I bet when that 23 month period is coming to and end we'll see a contract extension for another 23 months, unless they do it sooner.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Don't know but what I do know is before it happens we should be hearing about shift changes going on. So once you hear of that happening it will be a clear message of when the switch over will happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts