Diesel F150 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Powerstroke diesel King Ranch
85 Posts
Hi, Just wanted to post here the verified working Forscan Mods for my 2018 F150. Use at your own risk. Other items that can be modded can be found on the following list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#

Disable Auto Stop/Start
Module: BCM 726-48-02
Original values: 0100 0000 0078
New values: 0000 0000 0078

Add DPF Filter percentage full to the gauge cluster.
Module: IPC 720-07-02
Original values: 0242 0876
New values: 0A42 0876

Add Engine temp & Transmission temp shows above gauges (8" Clusters only)
Module: IPC 720-07-01
Original Values: 8401 8EA0 6042
New Values: 8401 8EA0 6042

Disable Double Horn Honk when stepping away from the vehicle with key in your pocket.
Module: BCM 726-41-02
Original Values: 0001 2101 0174
New Values: 0000 2101 0174

OK, totally rookie questions here. What is the DPF and why would we want to know the percentage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to revive an older thread but... having a hard time getting reverse tilt to work.
Tried:
DDM. 740-03-01 FXXX
DDM 740-13-01. FCXX
PDM. 741-03-01. FXXX
PDM. 741-13-01. FCXX

Alternatively, tried 740/741-13-01 with FXXX instead of FCXX as well. Truck is a 2018 Platinum. When I try to initiate the calibration procedure or go into reverse at all, the mirrors do not move. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
OK, totally rookie questions here. DPF means "diesel particulate filter," right? What is it, where is it, and why would we need to know the percentage? What is the REGEN cycle some people refer to on the forums? Thanks!
DPF is diesel particulate filter. Once it becomes full of soot the engine will suffer from back pressure as the DPF is in the exhaust pipe. If you get down under the truck it is easy to see. If the DPF % full becomes 100% just before you get home, say, it will start the REGEN to burn out soot. You get home and shut it down and all you have done is delay it. Later it will try again and let the engine exhaust easily again. Process takes about 20 minutes. If it starts and you shut it off it only goes down to 95% or so and it will have to start again. "Big" trucks let the operator regen when he wants to, ours doesn't. All we can do is delay it. I have watched mine go down to 0% but it sometimes stops at 10% or so in my truck's case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, sorry!

2018 Lariat fx4

Okay, when I go into IPC, it asks me for mileage. No clue what I am doing wrong there, but I want to do the DPF one.

Mirrors tilt on reverse doesn't work. I have tried both ways with regards to 13-01. No go.

And I have the LED lights and tried the DRL one, but it still has on low beams as well.
Crap, just thought of the fact I was doing this in my garage lol

Also, why are people changing the fuel tank size? lol. Noob question, but are you all actually replacing the tank?

Lincoln style fold mirrors and global windows down works (wish you could do all windows and sunroof lol). Haven't done anything else.

Has anyone tried doing the camera on with turn signals? f250 and 350 have this feature. Didn't know if we do or not.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
I don't know about most of your issues but the fuel tank change is because several here have indeed added a large tank, and this gives them the proper distance to empty. I don't think there is much you can do with the cameras and forscan, I really hate that Ford turns them off when, for example, I would love to turn on my rear camera when I am towing. I can do that in my 2013, crazy that Karen at Ford forbids it in my 2018.

·
Registered
12 Posts
lol, well the lights issue was my own fault. Pulled out of the garage and bam! Nice that I can roll up and down the front windows. Just wish we could do them all.

Yeah, it's weird on the cameras. I don't know enough about this crap.

But yeah, the tilt mirrors and IPC thing are confusing me!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I don't know about most of your issues but the fuel tank change is because several here have indeed added a large tank, and this gives them the proper distance to empty. I don't think there is much you can do with the cameras and forscan, I really hate that Ford turns them off when, for example, I would love to turn on my rear camera when I am towing. I can do that in my 2013, crazy that Karen at Ford forbids it in my 2018.
is there a forscan change for the 40 gal. tank?

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
Yes. Our own supermod jmperlik detailed the needed changes in a thread:

Using FORScan for Programming
In order to change/alter default factory settings, you can follow these instructions (which are specific to changing fuel tank size)

1) Select the Programming icon circled in red on the left (only available with FORScan Extended license)

2) Select IPC in the pull-down list in the orange box on the bottom => This will filter the list down to three (3) IPC related categories

3) Select/click-on IPC Module configuration (AS BUILT format) line in the list of Modules under Configuration and Programming notebook tab

4) Click-on the Play/Run service procedure icon in green on bottom
in this thread:

START HERE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, Just wanted to post here the verified working Forscan Mods for my 2018 F150. Use at your own risk. Other items that can be modded can be found on the following list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#

Disable Auto Stop/Start

Disable Double Horn Honk when stepping away from the vehicle with key in your pocket.
Hi i have a 2019 platinum and when i checked my original value for dpf gauge it is not the same as what you have here will this still work.

·
Administrator
878 Posts
Hi - I have a 2019 Platinum and when I checked my original value for DPF gauge, it is not the same as what you have here. Will this still work?
Original/old values may or may not match what is listed based on model year & trim levels.

If you are afraid you are going to break something via FORScan, then
  1. Write down the module and original/old value
  2. Switch to the new value documented for the change
  3. Verify desired change takes effect/works
  4. Back off to original/old value if it doesn't take effect
This is pretty much SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for making any FORScan change, as everything documented within the FORScan spreadsheet was arrived at via crowd-sourced reverse-engineering.

Reactions: psimoes

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
Excellent advice! @psimoes Magma_Red_F150 should be around soon to answer your question but in the meantime I will offer a quote by kdjasper back in 2019:

As far as adding DPF Filter % Full to your IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) via FORScan...

Module: IPC
Address: 720-07-02
Original Value: 0242 087C
Changed Value: xAxx xxxx

This adds the DPF % screen to the Truck Information screen. Some trucks will report a camera error after making this modification. To avoid that, make your update according to the following: If your original default value is 0, change to 8; if 1, change to 9; if 2 then A; if 3 then B; if 4 then C; if 5 then D; if 6 then E, if 7 then F

Once you get the above modification made, then read my posts #24 & #31 in this thread which will provide you what you need to know on implementing and using OCR.

I have successfully deferred my Auto Regen now several times to a time when I would be getting good a highway run in, and these 2 mods are by far the top 2 FORScan mods I have made to my truck thus far. I don't think I have driven over 15 miles before re-enabling Auto Regen, but have shut off and restarted the truck several times and drove that mileage with DPF Full message before going on a highway DPF purge run.
That was in this thread: dieself150forum.com/threads/stuck-in-regen.1860/page-3#post-19384

·
Registered
13 Posts
Original/old values may or may not match what is listed based on model year & trim levels.

This is pretty much SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for making any FORScan change, as everything documented within the FORScan spreadsheet was arrived at via crowd-sourced reverse-engineering.
thank you.

·
Administrator
878 Posts
@psimoes - see @Dunrollin's post above that @kdjasper found previously:

If your original default value is:
0 => change to 8​
1 => change to 9​
2 => change to A​
3 => change to B​
4 => change to C​
5 => change to D​
6 => change to E​
7 => change to F​
or in programming terms, add x'08' to the value and express in hexadecimal

·
Registered
13 Posts

i would also like to add if anyone lost or forgot to write down original code you can go to : motorcraftservice.com , sign in and then find quick links and then module build data fill out your vin and it will give you all your original codes. hope this helps the group.

·
Registered
2018 White extended cab 6.5 foot bed FX4 Tow package Lariat
67 Posts
Two separate things, one is a hardware mod, the other a software mod. A person can unhook the battery management system and that will disable the auto start stop feature from what I understand. Using Forscan it is a software option to disable the Auto Start Stop in the Body Control Module.
My experience with the forscan mod for this is. It disabled the battery management system. This had the side effect of sending a red flag to Ford. They in turn sent me messages of a major problem. They had me down load a fix to a thumb drive to install in my truck witch had to be verified by using the thumb drive to verify the fix was installed. Since the battery control affects so many of the systems on these trucks I would say! If you do this be prepared. Although the forscan mod works, it can create a lot of other issues, one of witch could be a ruined battery?? And who knows what else. Ford seemed to think this was very serious! I would suggest getting one of those trailer wiring testers that you plug into the plug for the trailer hookup to defeat the auto start stop feature. Just plug in and leave it. Now your truck will think there’s a trailer hooked up, witch will give you a message that has to be cleared. So in my book that’s just as bad as pushing the button anyway. So it’s a no gain.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Disable Auto Stop/Start

Disabling the BCM will have adverse effects on the battery. It will overcharge over time and shorten the batteries life. If this isn’t a concern for you the BCM mod is otherwise ok.
My educated opinion is that the hard wired auto stop eliminator available through Amazon is the smart play! 40.00.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the setpoints at which the cooling fans come on? I'd like to put a 180 degree thermostat in my truck, but it won't help much in slow or stop & go traffic without the fans setpoints being changed as well.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
I am just guessing but the triggers for the fans are within the PCM or powertrain control module. That is the one module that forscan doesn't access. We are able to do the above changes in the body control module and instrument panel control module and a few others but we can't get into the powertrain control module. At least as far as I know, hopefully someone will come in with a better answer.

Reactions: navyR113
21 - 40 of 40 Posts