Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this recall show up today in their FordPass app?

Field Service Action Number: 18E02

FSA Title: EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION BY-PASS VALVE REPLACEMENT

Last Updated: 01/25/19

Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yep, I have this showing up now as well. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Looks like another appointment at the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Yep it is showing up on mine now too.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
First year of the model, at least they are fixing it instead of leaving us to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I did. The same day I was supposed to pick up the new truck. From what the dealer told me, there is a potential for a screw to fall off and into the engine.

D

·
0 Posts
Mines been in since last Monday with a CEL for the EGR cooling, I know they were told to remove the EGR cooler to check and see if 2 bolts were tight.
The Hot Line had them run some tests and told them to pull the cooler. I don't think they've pulled the cooler yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great news

Parts arrived and are installed. Tomorrow is the big reveal. I get to pick up my new truck at noon tomorrrow. Coming from a '16 3.5 Boost. Can't wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer told me it’s a 3 1/2 hr job. But said it may take longer being that it’s the first one there are doing. Scheduled late next week 😡

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stopped by my dealer today to schedule mine and got the same story. Service Manager ordered four (4) replacement kits: 2 for the units they have on the lot and 2 for customers. He said they would "practice" the FSA on both units in their lot before attempting mine. He quoted same time estimate for shop hours but asked if I could leave it all day just-in-case. Since they courtesy-shuttle me to/from work, I always leave my vehicle for the day anyways to give them flexibility with their other works orders.

My truck is also due for its first oil change within the next two weeks, so I am scheduled for 02/08/19 to take care of both.

The other reason I was at the dealer today was to purchase Ford ESP products => this is a another story that I'm in the process of documenting now...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Completed and picked up

So the dealer finished the recall work and I finally got to take her home. I was starting to feel like Charlie Brown getting ready to kick the football only to get it pulled away again. It is truly an awesome ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine too. 18e02 scheduled for Monday 4 feb. not excited to be the first one by the dealer. Dealer says 3 1/2 hours by the book. We will see.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
What exactly did they change out?

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Mines been in since last Monday with a CEL for the EGR cooling, I know they were told to remove the EGR cooler to check and see if 2 bolts were tight.
The Hot Line had them run some tests and told them to pull the cooler. I don't think they've pulled the cooler yet.
I have had zero lights. Really makes me think if I should give the truck back to the dealer. I have lift here and delete on order. I am thinking I will take it to them and let them do these 2 recalls, block heater, and EGR, and they will never see it again. I am had much more luck with Ford never seeing the dealer (the really never have needed to) than I have with taking it to them.

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Confirmed yesterday with my Service Manager there is currently a STOP SALE on all 2018/2019 F150 Diesels
= Dealers cannot sell/release any trucks in their control until this FSA has been completed
= I take this as a pretty serious issue that needs to be addressed (unlike the PCM reprogramming)

·
Registered
23 Posts
1/25/2019 7676 - Announcing Emission Recall 18E02
NEW VEHICLE DELIVERY HOLD - Emission Recall 18E02: Certain 2018 Through 2019 Model Year 3.0L Diesel F-150 Vehicles - Exhaust Gas Recirculation By-Pass Valve Replacement. Please see FMCDealer.com for more details.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Yep its screws could back out. They just ordered mine.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Confirmed yesterday with my Service Manager there is currently a STOP SALE on all 2018/2019 F150 Diesels
= Dealers cannot sell/release any trucks in their control until this FSA has been completed
= I take this as a pretty serious issue that needs to be addressed (unlike the PCM reprogramming)
That is standard procedure. I do think the EGR screws backing out is a serious issue though.

D

·
0 Posts
bad news on mine so far. they pulled the old egr valve off and of the 2 screws in question, 1 is sheared off and the other is missing completely, presumably both went in the intake. the screws hold a plate that opens and closes to let exhaust in the intake, looks kinda like a butterfly plate in an old carburetor. the plate was laying there loose. probably explains why my oil has looked so dirty, exhaust going non-stop in the intake for who knows how long. now waiting on the hot line to tell them what to do next. light came on a month ago and the truck has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts