Diesel F150 Forum banner
301 - 303 of 303 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys, so there’s actually 2 different 2018 used 3.0L PS I’m looking at. I just put both vins in that link and both don’t show the 18E02/20E04 recalls. One was manufactured on 10/3/2018 the other was manufactured on 6/16/2018. The stop sale recall Ford letter I’m reading says build dates 9/13/17 to 10/5/18. Both of these vins fall into those build dates, just confused on why these two don’t have the recall. I was under the impression it was all 2018 3.0L within the certain dates or just possible that not all 2018 were affected in those dates? Maybe a diff manufacturing plant possibly? Thanks for the help guys just really nervous about pulling the trigger on a used 2018 3.0L even though I need this engine for what I do. Has anyone heard of any owners that didn’t get their vin recalled but ran into this issue?

· Registered
152 Posts
@RustyKahuna, I haven't heard of the situation you describe. My experience on my 2019 3.0L is the EGR recall was performed late December 2020 (2 years ago).
But, the service record in the FordPass app shows "Unknown" as the Services Performed when the recall was done. Entering my VIN in the Ford recall website prior to getting the recall done showed the recall as not completed. After the recall was done 2 years ago, and today, the Ford recall website VIN search results in no mention of the EGR recall.
The result on my truck is the same situation on the truck(s) you're looking at: no record of the EGR recall. I've not asked to see the Oasis report as I have no doubt the recall was completed.

· Registered
110 Posts
Try using this link:

If it lists zero recalls, it is supposed to mean that any recalls on the vehicle have been completed.

301 - 303 of 303 Posts