Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a letter from the Ford Motor Company regarding a new "Customer Satisfaction Program" regarding unintended tailgate opening. I personally haven't had any issues in this area with my 2018 F150 Platinum 3.0L PS Diesel, but it looks like are handling this one similar to 19N06 for the Frozen Door Latches = if you experience the problem, Ford will fix it.

What is different about this 20N03 is that this letter is the first notification I have received on this specific FSA. Usually something appears in my FordPass app or I see something in the news, and then the familiar envelope from Ford shows up in the mail weeks later. I just checked my FordPass app again today, along with logging into owner.ford.com website, and 20N03 still doesn't show up in either, so this seems to be a "stealth" FSA.

Any one else get this letter from Ford on 20N03? Anyone having "unintended tailgate opening" issues?

·
Registered
40 Posts
YES ! But mine is a recall, ... probably because of Canadian Department of Transportation. 20S01 ... and a previous recall on DRL's not dimming 20C03.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received the letter as well and nothing on FordPass. I on the other hand have experienced opening lift gates for some time, but, I attributed it to me hitting the remote open on the key fob. Even when the key fob was not on my person and sitting in the cup holder. Not excited about taking it to the dealer. Appointments are tough to get and when I get one, repairs seem to take longer than planned. They never have the parts even through they know ahead of time what they are replacing. Maybe it’s just my dealer. I’ll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't received anything for this, either in the mail or on FordPass. And I've had the tailgate open unintentionally, while parked at work and next to a concrete barrier. I didn't know it was open and I pulled forward and heard/felt it drop off said barrier. Needless to say I was more than a little pissed. Luckily it hasn't happened since. What does this notice say they are doing about it?

·
Administrator
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Dunrollin - Thanks Doug = you beat me to it as I was responding to another thread....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts