Super Moderator
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone changed them on the 3.0 yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone changed them on the 3.0 yet?
what is the “suggested” interval on these? We all know diesel and sometimes you miss the suggested by a few thousand miles lmao

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here is the guidance for fuel filter replacement:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O37603&variantid=4640&languageCode=EN&countryCode=USA&marketCode=US&vCode=&vFilteringEnabled=False&subTitleSelected=G1645107&chapterTitleSelected=G1645103&topicHRef=G1661383&viewTech=IE&div=f&userMarket=USA

Since I run on biodiesel up here in MN, my change interval is:
Every 30000 mi (48,000 km), six months or 300 engine hours

Those not running on biodiesel:
Every 30000 mi (48,000 km), six months or 600 engine hours

·
Registered
47 Posts
6 months is very odd to me. I have gone over a year on a duramax without changing and never had an issue...and they only had a single filter cartridge. 30,000 miles is also odd that’s a looong interval for diesel fuel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I looked at the filter locations today, the primary one is by the fuel tank and the secondary one sits next to the firewall. The primary cartridge looks to be easy to replace with a standard 32 or 36 mm socket. The seconday cartridge sits on the fiewall and has some funky connectors on it. I assume they are stabdard fuel rail connectors which I have a quick disconnect set for inline ac and fuel lines. Does not look like a super easy job unless you have the proper fuel line disconnect set.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I looked at the filter locations today, the primary one is by the fuel tank and the secondary one sits next to the firewall. The primary cartridge looks to be easy to replace with a standard 32 or 36 mm socket. The seconday cartridge sits on the fiewall and has some funky connectors on it. I assume they are stabdard fuel rail connectors which I have a quick disconnect set for inline ac and fuel lines. Does not look like a super easy job unless you have the proper fuel line disconnect set.
Fuel Line disconnect tools for a filter change!!!!? That is crazy! I’m going out to look at mine now lmao

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They require those little fuel disconnect tools from auto part store that are like $4. Not unusual at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They require those little fuel disconnect tools from auto part store that are like $4. Not unusual at all.
Weird I guess I was just used to my duramax that had a spin on only!🏼

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the one under the truck will be in a spin on type bowl, Probably need like a 31,32MM socket to get it off. I am sure its similar to the 6.7

1 - 11 of 11 Posts