Diesel F150 Forum banner

Full Delete on 3.0 f-150

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ericfrontczak3 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 f-150 diesel that I'm thinking about doing a full delete on.. I live in Belton Tx and am having a hard time finding a shop that has every done a f-150... Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am willing to travel to get this done..
My truck has just over 64,000 miles on it and I have had some EGR issues in the past and even had a new turbo installed under warranty and now the truck is back at the ford dealer.... Last Thursday I was driving down I-35 @ 75 mph pulling my boat when the truck kicked out of cruse control and every time I tried to get back up to speed it would start shaking.. I got off the road and pulled off at this time I had no warning lights on but the truck was in park and just shaking if I idled the truck up the shake would go away. Being it was 4 am I though I could limp back to my house witch was only 15 min away as soon as I started driving the check engine light came on then the reduce power and then pull over warning when I came to a stop the truck turned off and would not restart... I had to get the truck towed to the dealer and as of right now they still haven't looked at the truck.. I will post the alarms off my ford app. If anyone has ever seen this before please let me know.

#3 ·
I can’t think of many reasons why you’d miss a fire on a diesel other than maybe loss of compression or no fuel? Anyone have that screw fall out of the EGR butterfly valve while driving and see this? Thought diesel motors fire after squeezing the fuel with the exception during extreme cold conditions. I’d fully support delete’s for everyone. The EGR really works well as far as pollution but it’s going to fail at some point. You’ve got that nice DPF filtering ash but they recycle the exhaust pre-DPF into the EGR. Makes no sense. Gonna fail.

#4 ·
I have always thought that EGR on a diesel makes no sense. Luckily, I was able to delete the EGR cooler on my Ecodiesel before the EPA cracked down on tuners and diesel shops. I kept the DPF, but also deleted the DEF system. 140,000 miles and 5 years later, my exhaust pipes are clean as is the MAP sensor and intake manifold. I said screw the warrantee and never took it to the dealer. I think your issue with deleting will be finding a shop to do it and maybe a tuner to tune the truck. These small diesels are so clean without all the smog crap on them. BTW, if you find someone to delete and tune, don't post anything on the internet about them. The company that did my Ram and my brother's Powerstroke got a huge fine.

#5 ·
EGR is critical to keeping combustion temperatures down and therefore to controlling NOx. A side benefit is that it warms the coolant up much quicker. Downside it that it introduces soot into the intake. More specifically on this 3.0L, Ford does not seem to know how to make an EGR system that does not spit fasteners into the combustion chambers, which I fear may be what @CGlenn69 is facing.

#8 ·
I have a 2018 f-150 diesel that I'm thinking about doing a full delete on.. I live in Belton Tx and am having a hard time finding a shop that has every done a f-150... Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am willing to travel to get this done.. My truck has just over 64,000 miles on it and I have had some EGR issues in the past and even had a new turbo installed under warranty and now the truck is back at the ford dealer.... Last Thursday I was driving down I-35 @ 75 mph pulling my boat when the truck kicked out of cruse control and every time I tried to get back up to speed it would start shaking.. I got off the road and pulled off at this time I had no warning lights on but the truck was in park and just shaking if I idled the truck up the shake would go away. Being it was 4 am I though I could limp back to my house witch was only 15 min away as soon as I started driving the check engine light came on then the reduce power and then pull over warning when I came to a stop the truck turned off and would not restart... I had to get the truck towed to the dealer and as of right now they still haven't looked at the truck.. I will post the alarms off my ford app. If anyone has ever seen this before please let me know.
Bill powerstroke solutions Buford Georgia the archoil he sells is great too cold startups like nothing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.