Diesel F150 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
We have a test tune running on our F150 powerstroke. Thus far the intake is staying clean /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif and the fuel economy is up 3-4mpg. We have not worked on the torque curve yet. Focusing on dialing in the part load fuel economy first. Hope to have something ready this fall.
I picked up my 2018 King Ranch 3.0 Powerstroke today! How's the testing and development on the tune coming along GDE?

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I emailed them, they say 2020..

I suppose the EcoDiesel market is bigger.
It's understandable. They need to focus their efforts where the bigger problems- and therefore the money- are. The Ecodiesels need more fixing out of the gate (and I say that having had one for three years). Luckily I didn't have any real issues with mine, but it was **** near undriveable without being tuned. The stock powerstroke drives comparable to a tuned ecodiesel, and GDE does really good work so I can't wait to see what they come up with for this platform.

·
Registered
68 Posts
From GreenDiesel - We do not have any worthwhile updates to note on the F150 yet. Been delayed due to the FCA recall on the Ram, it is eating all our time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
From GreenDiesel - We do not have any worthwhile updates to note on the F150 yet. Been delayed due to the FCA recall on the Ram, it is eating all our time.
I should think they would have the Ecodiesels dialed in and sorted out (for the most part) by now. Mine was retuned by them over a month ago and traded for my powerstroke almost three weeks ago. Time to move to new projects!

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Proven has emissions on 0HP and 50HP tunes if anyone is interested. Several guys have been running them and are extremely happy with results.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Proven has emissions on 0HP and 50HP tunes if anyone is interested. Several guys have been running them and are extremely happy with results.
Wreedsvt, Do you know what the improvement in torque is for Proven's 50hp emissions tune? Does the truck still regen the dpf roughly every 150 miles (excessive by any measure and wastes fuel)? Also, does it effect the transmission shifting?

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
100lb ft increase. Regen about the same. No TCM tuning.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Hearing Crickets in this thread.....Hello?????
Might as well look into Proven. There are several emission on users in the 3.0l Facebook group. PM me for details if interested.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Here are the Proven tunes ready to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats really too bad if it is.. Proven's tune doesn't touch some very key perimeters that i want to see in a tune that GED supposedly would. The biggest being a turbo brake, transmission and reduced re-generation of the DPF.

As someone with some tuning experience i really like the advertised approach that GDE claims to adhere too.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Dunno what to tell ya. Many happy happy Proven users. Good luck in your search.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dunno what to tell ya. Many happy happy Proven users. Good luck in your search.
Yea, I hear good things about them, their shop is about an hour from my house, so is AMPD actually.

The reason I am waiting to see if GDE comes out with a tune for our trucks is I am actually quite satisfied with the factory power levels and drivability, like I said in my earlier post, a turbo brake for towing paired with the factory grade shifting and lessened re-gens would really make a great package even better.

if I was after a delete or more power I wouldn't have any reason to wait, and I still may try Proven come bonus season in February.. just to try a delete tune to see how I like it.

Does anyone in a colder climate have experience with the warmup ∆t with the EGR bypassed/deleted ? would it even affect warmup times or does the EGR stay closed until its warmed up ?

Last week it was -15 degC as expected the truck started like a champ, warmup took ~20 min with moderate inner city stop and go traffic.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts