Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I bought a new F150 Lariat Diesel the first part of December. I was really enjoying it (2000 miles in 5 days is what I call "enjoying it".) until some yahoo sideswiped it in a mall parking lot, then ran away without leaving a note. (Guess I should have set up the cones!). So now it's at the repair shop.

I'm looking forward to getting it back. And I'm looking forward to learning from you guys. My previous car was a Fusion Hybrid. I just wanted to try something new... and since I've always been fascinated by Diesel engines, the choice seemed obvious to me.

Regards, Arthur

·
Registered
399 Posts
Major bummer man, really sorry to hear that happened to you. If you were in a mall parking lot, I would go talk to them to see if they have video security footage of the accident (I watch too many cop shows on TV). They probably do (if they don't, look to see if any businesses nearby may have it), and you might be able to get it from them and take it to the Police to identify the car that hit you by their license plate. Then the Police can go find that car and see if it has your paint on it, and if so, they will be ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident, and best of all you can hand that over to your insurance company to subrogate recovery of your deductible for the repairs from the other party.

Good luck, and I hope your truck comes back to you as good as the day you picked it up from the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow! That is very disappointing. Hope the police find the person who sideswiped your fine new truck. I also hope your repair turns out ok.
We all would probably be interested in how your aluminum body repair turns out.

Best of wishes!

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Arthur,
So sorry to hear about your damaged truck. Unfortunately we share our roads with people who have no self respect, and most certainly none for their fellow citizens. Good luck with your repairs. Dont get soured for your nice new truck. Let us know how your repairs turn out.
Bob

·
Registered
308 Posts
For that reason i'm always strategic about where I park and factor in everything possible: cameras, the type of people that own the cars I want to park around, etc.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
ArthurLaurent - sorry to hear about your truck = I'm not sure how I would have handled spending +$60K for someone to do that to you. Hopefully the shop can get everything back to new. As for learning, I think we are all learning about this new vehicle. I will admit that this is my 3rd and favorite Ford F150 Platinum FX4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts