Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have personally never owned a diesel in my life. But I am looking into getting a truck, and a diesel seems like the right thing to do in terms of range, longevity, etc. Really here to learn a bit and see if I can make a choice somewhere. Thanks !

· Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you're looking for fuel efficiency and mileage, the diesel f150 may be what you're looking for once it's out. Ford wants to make it the most fuel efficient pickup truck out there and beat the Ram Eco diesel.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear. I'm definitely looking for fuel efficiency and mileage as my commute is going to getting much longer. Thankfully I have a vehicle now so I can play the waiting game. Is there an estimated release date ?

· Registered
304 Posts
Before it launches we should have some luck in seeing spy shots, it's almost tradition of them to do that, seen it happen with the regular versions of the new F-150, then the Hybrid, now the Diesel is what's left.

If we see a spy video, one good indication will be hearing it, aside from that there won't be any visuals.

· Registered
304 Posts
There are F series trucks higher up in the range you can use as a reference point but seeing how these days truck makers are more inclined to go with quieter diesels, the F150 is likely to follow that trend. It plays into how trucks are getting more luxurious and at the same time pulling people away from SUV's, CUV's, sedans, etc.

· Registered
148 Posts
There are F series trucks higher up in the range you can use as a reference point but seeing how these days truck makers are more inclined to go with quieter diesels, the F150 is likely to follow that trend.
I guess coming off as environmentally friendly, including a low decibel exhaust, is going to be the norm in the future but some diesel f150 owners will still go out of their way to make their truck louder.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The whole environmentally friendly and quiet exhaust goes hand in hand. But I'm sure owners will make them much louder. Majority of the F150s I see in general always have some sort of exhaust work done to them. That's in my area at least, not too sure about anywhere else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.