Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I meant the quote that's under the link. I thought we knew for sure it was a 3.0L V6 turbo diesel

"The bigger news might be under the hood as the F-150 will finally get the 3.0-liter V-6 turbo-diesel that has been rumored for some time"

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's for the 3.5-liter-based V-6 hybrid powertrain, not the Diesel. I'm hoping to see the diesel model before 2018.
If it's really that far out then we might even see a hybrid version show up at the same time since it was a while ago we spotted that. Maybe a hybrid is what we'll see at one of these year end/year start shows.

·
Registered
148 Posts
But the v6 wasn't put inside a heavy pickup truck though it would be amazing to see a similar hp specs with the hybrid F-150. I'd be pretty happy with 350hp if that was possible.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is very true. 350 I think is the ideal range.. Enough power to haul weight, but not too much to be excessive

·
Registered
148 Posts
realistically, it could be around 254 horsepower and 440 lb-ft of torque because that how much power the rumored 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine makes in the Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As long as the f-150 diesel performs better than the 240 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque made by the Ram EcoDiesel, then it should be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
A recent test with the new diesel

Range Rover Td6 Diesel Review

This is the engine that most likely will come in Ford F-150 during next year. I think it will make +30 mph because f-150 is around 1200 lbs lighter with it´s higher aluminium content

I hope for a debute at Texas State Fair at 30 Sept. A good event.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So we can expect to see a power output of around 254 hp. Doesn't seem like it's enough for a pickup truck. At least the low end torque looks good for towing with 440 lb-ft @ 1,750 rpm.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't know I think that's still pretty weak. Something 550+ lb-ft of torque is the minimal goal I like to see typically.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The coming F-150 has a block in CGI

At present, there are only two V-diesel engines in the market that are not based on CGI cylinder blocks: the Mercedes 3.0L V6 (aluminium) and the General Motors 6.6L Duramax V8 (grey cast iron). CGI has effectively become the standard material for V-diesel engine cylinder blocks.

Go Ford.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts