Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed an order for my Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 with 6.5’ bed. I’m a little nervous about the lack of information thus far, so hopefully Ford gets the trucks out there for testing in the very near future. I attached my build sheet if you’re interested. If you’re curious, I’m getting the invoice price minus $500 (and obviously the current rebates plus anything else that comes out between now and delivery date).

I did a lot of research on the towing setups for the Powerstroke F-150, so let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just placed an order for my Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 with 6.5’ bed. I’m a little nervous about the lack of information thus far, so hopefully Ford gets the trucks out there for testing in the very near future. I attached my build sheet if you’re interested. If you’re curious, I’m getting the invoice price minus $500 (and obviously the current rebates plus anything else that comes out between now and delivery date).

I did a lot of research on the towing setups for the Powerstroke F-150, so let me know if you have any questions.
I have one ordered as well. I have my own reservations. I know it’s been stated on this forum, and others, that they’re still projecting spring delivery, but I’ve talked to my dealer as well as others around the country and they are projecting a late summer delivery. When I ordered my dealer also thought it was going to be April-May. It wasn’t until he attended a ford conference in Vegas last week where he was told that it’s going to be extremely limited production and only certain dealers will have allocations that will be filled (base on past and projected sales). Some dealers will have multiple allocations, some dealers will have none. I guess only time will tell. None the less, I feel like some on this page should have had their VIN issued in they are going to make the May-April time frame. Some on this forum have had orders in since January and February and haven’t gotten it. I ordered Mar 9th.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd assume you're a shoe in for one of the limited diesel F-150 is you've got a Vin allocation already. With some dealerships not having any allocation at all, this could trigger dealership price gouging, which can be a pain and not worth the purchase in the end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered March 10th, and have received no further information or VIN number. Large Texas dealership. Ram Ecodiesel on clearance is starting to look tempting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd assume you're a shoe in for one of the limited diesel F-150 is you've got a Vin allocation already. With some dealerships not having any allocation at all, this could trigger dealership price gouging, which can be a pain and not worth the purchase in the end.
I feel your pain! Hopefully we all start hearing something soon!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, ordered mine Feb 5...Lariat 4x4 Super Crew. No VIN yet. I am in Ohio and ordered from a smallish dealer, but they rock it out on trucks there. Ford heavy farming area. They started taking orders Jan 20 something. Was hoping to see someone get a VIN by now. My friend has heard nothing yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There’s been zero news for the last several months. I’m assuming Ford will have it out there for testing with the media before any deliveries to dealers. I’d be surprised if we see any before the summer at this point. When do they start building 2019s? I’ll be a little upset if my order gets pushed back to a 2019 build and I lose my rebates...that would make the extra expense of the diesel mich less enticing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is an interesting link to look at. This is the schedule of when books open for model years. If you notice it starts with the opening of 2018’s. And next to diesel it’s all N/A. It doesn’t open up for diesel until MY19. White that being said, the dates line up perfectly with the Spring 18 release. It was just interesting to me that they have it listed as MY19 yet on my order it’s clearly a MY18.

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is an interesting link to look at. This is the schedule of when books open for model years. If you notice it starts with the opening of 2018’s. And next to diesel it’s all N/A. It doesn’t open up for diesel until MY19. White that being said, the dates line up perfectly with the Spring 18 release. It was just interesting to me that they have it listed as MY19 yet on my order it’s clearly a MY18.

Yeah I have seen that list posted in different forms. So far the dates are lining up. I have seen a few on this forum reference these build dates, not sure if they know for sure or also seen this...I am hoping it is correct. I did a dumb move selling my car and truck anticipating getting the truck this month. Luckily my father had a car he could loan me. I am in a bit of a pickle for my spring fishing. SMH

·
Registered
30 Posts

Yeah I have seen that list posted in different forms. So far the dates are lining up. I have seen a few on this forum reference these build dates, not sure if they know for sure or also seen this...I am hoping it is correct. I did a dumb move selling my car and truck anticipating getting the truck this month. Luckily my father had a car he could loan me. I am in a bit of a pickle for my spring fishing. SMH
I’m in the exact same position. Sold my 2015 Tundra last weekend and now I’m using one of my parents cars. Hoping something comes up soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
JayhawkDuke,
Do you know if the HD Payload Package is an option when ordering the Lariat Diesel? And if so, any idea what the payload capacity ends up being? My current 2012 with HD Payload is around 2300 lbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JayhawkDuke,
Do you know if the HD Payload Package is an option when ordering the Lariat Diesel? And if so, any idea what the payload capacity ends up being? My current 2012 with HD Payload is around 2300 lbs.
It is not. Neither is the Max Trailer Towing Package. Unfortunately, there’s no way to increase the payload on the diesel, which will ultimately be your limiting factor in most towing situations.

If you look on my order sheet, you’ll see I have a 7100 lb GVWR, so actual payload will depend on the weight of the truck. The diesel is supposedly 150 lbs more than other engines, and the options on the Lariat will add more weight. The max payload advertised with the diesel is just over 2000 lbs, but I think actual payload will be less than that by at least a couple hundred pounds. I’m guessing it will be in the 1600-1800 lb range.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got confirmation from my dealer today that my build date is set for the end of Juneprobably will not deliver until late July. I’m just glad it’s some kind of news, but wish it was a little sooner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered Platinum Diesel

I ran into same issue with my local dealer, he wanted full MSRP, after talking to them for over a year about making an order. I started shopping around and while I still can't explain it, I found a Mass. dealer who gave it to me at $10,000 below MSRP. He gets any rebates or incentives on the vehicle as his profit. I live in NH so was worried about Mass. sales tax but he is going to deliver to my town hall to avoid that. I don't see how he is making money on it, but I have a piece of paper that says we have a contract for the vehicle, and he has a new Ford customer for life, as well as me bragging about this dealer to anyone I know. Waiting to hear what my VIN is now. Original MSRP after I loaded it out was $71,500 roughly...

·
Registered
16 Posts
At least you have some information. Guess I should check back in with my dealer. Hopefully you get surprised with something sooner. Did you get a VIN? I see you ordered in March. What state are you in? I hope that having an order in a month earlier gets me an earlier date...man if I don't get my truck until July it is definitely going to hurt my fishing season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone gets a VIN number can you post a confirmation on here? Please post date ordered and location if possible. I will, just to help ease some of us waiting...with no feedback it sucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anyone gets a VIN number can you post a confirmation on here? Please post date ordered and location if possible. I will, just to help ease some of us waiting...with no feedback it sucks.
I didn’t get a vin. I will definitely post when I do get one though. I ordered in Oklahoma. I was able to go through a different ordering method though. I was able to order against a fleet account which changes things a bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts