Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Dealer just told me Ford has discontinued the Ford F150 Diesel due to sales!!! Has anyone else heard this???
I think your dealer is wrong; Ford has, however, experienced documented problems with their online configurator tool. See the attached link about possible discontinuation of the F150 power stroke that was reported on by another site related article. Ford reportedly anticipated the diesel option to become about 5% of their F150 purchases, I doubt they would dump it and leave their American counterparts to pick up their sales.

Probably just an ill-informed rumor...

·
Super Moderator
578 Posts
I just went on this site https://shop.ford.com and built my dream 2021 F150 Platinum with an oil burner. I printed off a 7 page summary but here is a screen shot of the vitals:

·
Registered
2018 silver f150 diesel crew 4x4 motor metal 18x10 -24offset 3" RC 305/65R18 falkenen 49gal titan
1 Posts
I've been on the fence of getting a new diesel. Ford does not offer the diesel in a race red Which seems crazy that they make you choose between colors with curtain packages I might be crazy but I think I might get a 3.0l duramax they have it in bright red

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been on the fence of getting a new diesel. Ford does not offer the diesel in a race red Which seems crazy that they make you choose between colors with curtain packages I might be crazy but I think I might get a 3.0l duramax they have it in bright red
DieselF150Forum.co

·
Registered
2 Posts
DieselF150Forum.com
DieselF150Forum.co
I just took delivery of a Racy Red F150 3.0 diesel. I tried to order my truck on 1/15/21. After 8 weeks with the engine on back order I found the lead time for orders of an F150 was 16 to 18 weeks. That's when I started to search the Ford inventory. I did not find any till March and that was 250 miles away. I was not looking for a Racy Red but the 3.0 Diesels are hard to find. I think Ford did not start to build the F150 3.0 diesel until February. My truck has a build date of 2/21. Good luck finding a Racy Red with the right equipment.

·
Registered
2019 F-150 PSD 3.0 Lariat
18 Posts
I noticed that a dealer near me (Fort Wayne, IN) had two 2021's on the lot last week. Looked today and one sold already, it was ruby red metallic. He still has one left. Its a white lariat. Good news to see them selling, I suspect he will order more if he can keep moving them. Sticker from the lariat is attached. Build date of 03/25/21

Attachments

·
Administrator
843 Posts
@Andy - good to see some dealers are being brave enough to order F150 PSDs for their lots, as my dealer is definitely "gun shy" after their initial 2018 PSD sales record (that I documented in Post #2 of the Why so few 3.0 PSD's? thread)

I did take a look at the window sticker you posted and few things jumped out at me:
  1. $500 3.0L Diesel discount (highlighted in green) = Yay!
  2. $3800 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel engine upcharge (highlighted in yellow) = Boooo!
  3. 5yr/100K PowerStroke Diesel engine warranty clearly spelled out in Warranty section (in blue)
    • This was not the case for 2018 models that led to owner confusion

·
Administrator
843 Posts
@Chrispy - No, 2018 and all subsequent F150 PSDs have the 5yr/100K engine PowerStroke Warranty.

Above links to a popular thread early in the days of these forums where a former member was adamant there was no PowerStroke Engine warranty on our F150 PSDs because it wasn't stated on the Monroney window sticker.

I talked to my Service Manager, pointed out the 5yr/100K warranty in the F150 Warranty manual, and almost believed him when I compared to a SuperDuty window sticker. My Service Manager answered this question once-and-for-all by providing me with my VIN-specific OASIS report that clearly shows the 5yr/100K Engine Warranty = read thru the posts in the above thread

The confusion arose because Ford did not clearly spell this out on the window sticker on the 2018 models only, like they did on their Super Duty big brothers.... In this case the PowerStroke branding is worth something = all PowerStroke engines carry 5yr/100K warranty.

Also to be clear, I am talking about the 5yr/100K PowerStroke Engine Warranty, which is different from the 5yr/60K Powertrain Warranty => See Post #10 in the PowerStroke Warranty thread that shows the warranty table from the 2018 Ford Car and Light Truck Warranty Guide.

Still not sure to this date if @jamanrr believes this or not...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts