Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F-150 XLT 3.0L Diesel Rapid Red / Saddle interior
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would ad this and see what others are getting I almost found my number hard to believe .

I bought my 4wd XLT with 3.55 rears w 9 miles on it . in Kansas. drove to Waco TX, Naples Florida, Reston Va and home to Colebrook NH. 4750 miles later . Always pump fuel assuming 40 CETANE , why the **** do the make the nozzle so small so cant use Truck stops , higher cetane roadmix ...

I never trust the Lie-O-meter for MPG always off in every vehicle I owned . I am anal about mpg I check every vehicle on every tank ful

Always in ECO mode Auto off in off position, and always had the A/C on

Temps 70s - low 80s except last leg some snow

First tank 60-80mph 29.5mpg
Second Tank 65-75 mph c 31.5 mpg
Third 60-70 mph 30.5 mpg
4th 65-75 mph 31.5 mpg
5th first time real stop lights 29.5 mpg
6thmountains of Va 28.5 mpg
7th 29 mpg Mountains of Vt - no A/C heat

I fill neck to neck and do the math , would fill when I found lower price but at least 1/2 a tank 3-400 miles This truck is incredible hope it continues close to 800 mile cruising range ....

Truck is amazing

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
Those are pretty awesome numbers. That was a lot of time in the saddle for you.

I think we all wish Ford had given us the same fuel setup as the F250 and up enjoy so we can use the "big boys" fuel pumps but for some reason it is what we have. We did a discussion on this earlier and in fact I modified my truck to accept any size nozzle but it was not easy nor can I revert back to factory. No problem for me as I use the larger nozzles from time to time, but that might be an issue for most owners. Should you want to read up on this topic just click Convert Fuel Fill

·
Registered
91 Posts
Owning a diesel spoils you! My Ecodiesel Ram has 125,000 miles and has averaged 30+ mpgs or better since new. My other vehicle is a Subaru Outback and needs a tailwind to get 25 mpg. BTW, I believe 40 is the minimum cetane at the pumps. European diesels like the 3L PS, Ecodiesel and 3L Duramax were originally designed to run on EU 50 cetane fuel as I have read. Glad you are liking the new truck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts