Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I logged on this morning I didn't expect to see this new design on the forum. I really like how clear everything is laid out and I'm already finding it easier to navigate than the old layout. What does everyone else think about the change?

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
+ Detest the instream ads posing as posts to a thread, but not bothered as much by ads on the right-side of the window
=> Both can be eliminated by "upgrading" to a Premium membership for $19.99/year!
=> Guess I shouldn't complain as the forums are free, but I did like the previous ad-free format
=> After 15 minutes of usage, I succumbed and coughed up the $19.99/year to be a formal supporter of our forums = I like the new format now!
+ Need to expand a 2-line signature?
=> Those with more than 2 line signatures may want to collapse
=> You can change a preference to always expand signatures in your profile
+ Jury is still out on new layout from a moderator perspective

·
Registered
308 Posts
It will take some getting used to but so far I like what I see. Updates to search are my favorite by far!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dislike the "take the tour" pop-up that comes up every time I go back to the active topics page (and every time I try to get rid of it the topic behind it opens). Way too many ads.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
After looking at old posts using the new forums for a few days, I am not happy:

+ Lost following formatting capability/functionality
=> Ability to change font color
=> Ability to change font size
=> Ability to create multi-level lists
=> Ability to indent
+ Editing posts with lists results in unpredictable results

I used all of these types of formatting on the previous platform
=> This formatting tricks/techniques did not port over cleanly to these new forum formats
=> If anyone remembers the color-formatting and multi-level lists n the FORScan Education thread, all of that formatting has been lost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts