Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and looking into buying a used 3.0 PS.
I have had a bunch of different Super duty powerstrokes throughout the years and currently drive a 2013 F350 6.2.
Looking forward to learning about the 3.0 and maybe owning one

Jason

·
Administrator
978 Posts
@The-tiler - let me be the 2nd to welcome you here to the forums!

Good luck finding a used 3.0L, as the used market is really tough for any vehicle right now. Check with @wantorun as he was looking at selling about a year ago:

He's in Danbury, CT, so nor far away from you in NJ. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
I learned a lot on this forum. I was a loyal Chrysler guy for 32 years. However in my opinion Fiat has destroyed Chrysler and Killed Dodge trucks. My last two Rams were poor at best. I discovered this forum in 2019 joined in 2020 so I could learn and do my homework for my next truck. Then Ford dropped the F150 diesel so it became a rush to locate one. I got lucky and found my truck in Md so there are some new ones still out there. At the time I bought my truck they had two on the lot.
that said I think you are looking for a used one, make sure all the recall for the EGR valve has been done. The early ones were effected by this. More information can be found here.

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Let me add a welcome! I am not searching for another 3.0 as I am a little too heavy on F150s at the moment but they are around. I find it hard to search for ones with our engines so I look for the distinctive Powerstroke insignia on the door. Just now found a beauty in just a couple of minutes. Best of luck in your search.

edited to add Yes I am a sucker for Ruby or Race Red trucks. This one has a “free” tool box. It is only 40 miles from me, I have to remember my pledge to my wife- no more F150s till I wear out these two.

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Wheel

·
Registered
79 Posts
Let me add a welcome! I am not searching for another 3.0 as I am a little too heavy on F150s at the moment but they are around. I find it hard to search for ones with our engines so I look for the distinctive Powerstroke insignia on the door. Just now found a beauty in just a couple of minutes. Best of luck in your search.

edited to add Yes I am a sucker for Ruby or Race Red trucks. This one has a “free” tool box. It is only 40 miles from me, I have to remember my pledge to my wife- no more F150s till I wear out these two.

View attachment 2617
Good info. Make sure you also include a fuel type in your search filters as a back-up. One of the very few modifications I make to the exterior of my vehicles is to debadge them. Fuel-filler doors are diesel specific....not always easy to spot in ad photos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts