Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Picked up a new leftover 2018 Platinum a little over a month ago. First truck and first diesel vehicle for me. I was at first looking into getting the RAM but the better fuel economy of the diesel and ~15k off sticker swayed me to the F-150. Absolutely love the truck so far! I've racked up 3400 miles and I typically average 23.5 mpg which is excellent for me since I commute atleast a 100 miles a day traveling between NJ and NY because of work. Watching reviews of the PS led me to believe that this thing would be a bit on the slow side but this thing moves!

Only issue I have so far with it is the sunroof leaking, but thankfully its towards the drains so no water gets into the headliner/rest of the interior. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Monday to get that taken care of.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Welcome! I also bought a "left-over" 2018 Platinum, so far love it!

I found a truck without the sunroof, which was fine for me. Hopefully your dealer will fix yours quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I also bought a "left-over" 2018 Platinum, so far love it!

I found a truck without the sunroof, which was fine for me. Hopefully your dealer will fix yours quickly.
Thanks!

And yes, hopefully it doesn't take too long. There was heavy rain yesterday so I got a chance to record it on my phone, I'll show it to the service advisor when I go to the dealership.

·
Administrator
481 Posts
@minhajmsd - welcome to the forums!

$15K off leftover 2018 Platinum F150 PS Diesel seems to be a fairly common mark-down I am seeing on the forums, which I have stated before is a lot of truck for around $50-$55K = I should have waited on trading in my 2015 Platinum instead of the pleasure of being an "early adopter" and getting zero discounts by factory ordering when the books opened.

These trucks are tuned from the factory for primarily highway driving and your daily commute will be kind to your DPF with your truck operating a optimal conditions for passive regens.

Let us know how you make out with your dealer fixing your sunroof, as your feedback on what the cause and resolution was helps build a knowledge base out here for other owners.

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@minhajmsd - welcome to the forums!

$15K off leftover 2018 Platinum F150 PS Diesel seems to be a fairly common mark-down I am seeing on the forums, which I have stated before is a lot of truck for around $50-$55K = I should have waited on trading in my 2015 Platinum instead of the pleasure of being an "early adopter" and getting zero discounts by factory ordering when the books opened.

These trucks are tuned from the factory for primarily highway driving and your daily commute will be kind to your DPF with your truck operating a optimal conditions for passive regens.

Let us know how you make out with your dealer fixing your sunroof, as your feedback on what the cause and resolution was helps build a knowledge base out here for other owners.

Enjoy the new ride!
Thanks!

I'll keep you all posted on what the resolution is for the sunroof. I'm still not too knowledgable about regen cycles, I'll eventually be using forscan to display the DPF% because I don't want to be surprised by the truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently the leak is by design, the water leaks into the track that leads to the drains. The dealer I went to doesn't have a person who deals with water leaks themselves, they hire a third party company. The guy said that it's normal for F150s with the pano moonroof to do that. When I asked what would happen if the drain gets clogged by dust/debris I didn't get a proper response. I guess I'm sticking with the way it is for now.

Also got FSA 18N04 taken care of since I was there.

·
Registered
399 Posts
@minhajmsd welcome to the forum, and congrats on the great deal you got on a leftover 2018 Platinum.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm always amazed at the crazy discounts we can get on these which leaves me wondering if it'll also be the case with future F-150's as big changes are underway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts