Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been in Texas for over 12 years now and still never owned a truck. Right now I'm looking at buying one from the dealership where I work. We have 4 trucks on order and I hope to snag one of them for myself >:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Random, welcome to the forum. I'm also in the search for a pickup, and have been shopping around with the various diesel options. What model/trim level are you looking at for the F150?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are getting 1 Platinum, 2 KRs, and 1 Lariat. I've got my eye on one of the KRs. I can get you details on the other 3 if you'd like. Considering we're only getting 4 on the first batch I don't expect them to last long.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Better get your name on that list if you want to get your hands on that KR! :D
Do employees get first dibs on models they're interested in? And how often will your stock be replaced once the initial units are sold? I'm not in Texas, but I assume most dealership allotments work the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better get your name on that list if you want to get your hands on that KR! :D
Do employees get first dibs on models they're interested in? And how often will your stock be replaced once the initial units are sold? I'm not in Texas, but I assume most dealership allotments work the same.
I'm going to make a deposit the moment it has a VIN to secure it. I don't know that employees get first dibs so much as I started bugging everyone here to get information before anyone and expressed my intent to buy one. I haven't been with the dealership very long but we had 4 orders for January, none for February, and a big ? so far for March. From what I've gathered the numbers available with diesel will be rather small for a while. The reason I was given is that they are shipping the engines from Europe but I have a hunch it's because Ford wants to test the waters on sales before ramping up production.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, glad to be here!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd assume a diesel F-150 would be quite popular though from what you're saying, quantities will be very limited. Makes me wonder if they simply don't have the capacity to produce them in larger scale or if you're correct and they're just testing the waters.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd assume a diesel F-150 would be quite popular though from what you're saying, quantities will be very limited. Makes me wonder if they simply don't have the capacity to produce them in larger scale or if you're correct and they're just testing the waters.
Its quite simple actually, all we have to do is look at how pick-up's like the RAM 1500 Diesel have done. Ford's arriving a bit late to the scene so sales might be lacking a bit but while we wait for a hybrid to show up, this fills the void.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts