Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, just joined the forum but have really got a lot of use out of the posts that I've been able to see, particularly the Oil & tune threads.

My only claim to fame is that the picture of the insane diesel filter F-150 install is my "custom" install result picture that I gave to the company. Good times!

I've got a 2018 Platinum, crew cab, 700A group, I'm usually pulling a tent/utility trailer.

No other engine mods as of now, did install the bak flush 3 fold hard cover and husky floor liners. Interested in maximizing engine efficiency without having to modify the other drivetrain components. Really interested in how flashing works, never done it before and am very hesitant to try, one of the reasons I've become a member is to learn more from the community and become comfortable before I mess (F-150 is my only vehicle, can't afford to brick it).

Only issue I've had is the notorious spring break on the panoramic moonroof, fixed under warranty, no cost, no problem.

Previous Vehicles:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport, half door soft top, 6 speed manual: 2.5" TeraFlex Lift, 35" KO2s, Gobi Stealth Rack, K&N CAI, MagnaFlow catback exhaust, LED headlights
2012 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI, Turned it in (Thank$ EPA)... I'm a fan of the european diesel

Love my truck, happy to join the community.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Wow, I had never heard of the bypass oil filter. Welcome to another 2018 Platinum owner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah, the filter has been working very well for me, like absolutely have efficiency gains and am going to take my first oil analysis (from Blackstone, thanks to the forum recommendations) here in a few weeks (bypass filter has been installed since Jan)... have other install pictures and am more than happy to talk anyone through the install process if they're interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts