Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 f150 XLT 3.0 PSD 4x4 Crew
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed the last one off dealer lot before they are all gone!

1000 miles on clock since leaving lot and astonishing MPG 75% city 27.6mpg since I drove it home (by gauge on dash)

2021 f150 3.31 crew 4x4

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
It is great that you found any vehicle’s on the lot. The shortage is real. We are glad you’re here and hope that you will find many opportunities to contribute to the site

·
Administrator
898 Posts
@Dgbgraphix - welcome to the forums!

You have a true unicorn: F150 3.0 V6 PSD with the newer body style & badging.

Not sure I like the new "arcade" style graphics in the 8" cluster between the gauges...

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all Billy here, I am a new member here today. I had joined another F150 forum but didnt know about the "Diesel specific" forum until today. Good news!
Anyhow, as of 10/6/21, I am a new owner of a 2021 F150 Supercrew 5.5 Lariat 4x4, 501a, Star white, Black leather, 3.55 elec lock and a few other options, found on the dealer lot in Rhode Island and with no "Covid extra charges" over MSRP. With 0% financing, it was a decent deal for current times. This truck is a welcome change from my 1999 F250 with 7.3 diesel. Many awesome creature comforts have arrived in Ford trucks since that engine and design, haha.
I am looking forward to hearing more about this truck and insight from others here.
I did buy the ESP plan from Ziegler for 8yrs/150k, so it looks like I will be covered for a while. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Welcome Billy! Great to have you join us. That sounds like an awesome and beautiful truck, I hope it performs as many years as your 1999 did.

How do you compare the noise of the 7.3 to the 3.0? A big difference, I know, but as I understand it the 7.3 is a common rail with a single injection of fuel each combustion cycle whereas ours is a gradual injection over the cycle. (or so I have heard). Anyway, jump in and let us know if you have any issues or questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This 3.0 Is so quiet, youd never know it is a diesel under the hood. As for comparing to my old 7.3 by noise level, my neighbors thought I was away, there is no hiding that engine @5am starts, especially during the winter trying to warm it up for 10 minutes before driving away. I am sure they are all happy now, haha.. This isnt a truck , its a fancy car with an open trunk. So comfortable to drive. Thanks again for the welcome, I will be interested in mods, upgrades etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts