Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum and also just purchased my first F-150 diesel. I bought a 19 platinum has 40k miles. Anything I should watch for? Im use to the superduty but my first go round with the 3.0. Thanks for any pointers

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
Welcome! Pull up a chair and enjoy. Fortunately our 3.0 diesels have very few issues but you can quickly become familiar with the group’s experiences.

·
Administrator
822 Posts
@Kydiesel - welcome to the forums!

Request an VIN-specific OASIS report from your dealer that will include any and all recall/warranty work performed on your vehicle prior to your ownership.

Biggest things to look for are 18E02 and 20E04 EGR By-Pass Valve recalls = No Ford dealer should have sold the vehicle to you w/o performing these, but if private sale, you would not know unless previous owner disclosed to you.

Congrats on the new (to you) F150 PSD (PowerStroke Diesel) purchase and enjoy reading up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Kydiesel - welcome to the forums!

Request an VIN-specific OASIS report from your dealer that will include any and all recall/warranty work performed on your vehicle prior to your ownership. Biggest things to look for are 18E02 and 20E04 EGR By-Pass Valve recalls = No Ford dealer should have sold the vehicle to you w/o performing these, but if private sale, you would not know unless previous owner disclosed to you.

Congrats on the new (to you) F150 PSD (PowerStroke Diesel) purchase and enjoy reading up!
thanks, I will go to my local dealer this week and check on that. I purchased out of town and private.

·
Administrator
822 Posts
@Kydiesel - definitely get the OASIS report from your dealer and verify 20E04 has been completed:
=> If not, have your dealer order the parts and get them to handle immediately
=> You can read thru either of the 18E02 or 20E04 EGR By-Pass Valve recall threads for horror stories
=> Please let us know what your OASIS report shows

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Kydiesel - definitely get the OASIS report from your dealer and verify 20E04 has been completed:
=> If not, have your dealer order the parts and get them to handle immediately
=> You can read thru either of the 18E02 or 20E04 EGR By-Pass Valve recall threads for horror stories
=> Please let us know what your OASIS report shows
went to the dealer this week for the oasis report, dealer said the recalls I asked about had been done. Only thing it showed is the power train mod reprogram. I’ve got it scheduled to do that and have service, oil, fuel filters, cabin filter and such just so I know it’s all up to date. Thanks for Help

·
Registered
126 Posts
went to the dealer this week for the oasis report, dealer said the recalls I asked about had been done. Only thing it showed is the power train mod reprogram. I’ve got it scheduled to do that and have service, oil, fuel filters, cabin filter and such just so I know it’s all up to date. Thanks for Help
Is the powertrain mod reprogram 20E07B?

·
Administrator
822 Posts
I’ve got it scheduled to do that and have service, oil, fuel filters, cabin filter and such just so I know it’s all up to date. Thanks for Help
@Kydiesel - good call on getting all filters changed!

Strongly recommend to any owner purchasing used to get oil & more importantly fuel filters changed:
  • Private Sale: You have no idea of their last change unless they disclose
  • Ford Dealer: Have them throw it in as part of the sale & handle any outstanding recalls
  • Any other Dealer:Request to take vehicle to Ford Dealer to handle on-their-dime:
    • Any recall work
    • Oil/filter change + Air filter + Fuel filter change
Read up on Poor fuel economy & rough shift = fuel filter thread on what some owners are experiencing at less than 40K miles

Reactions: Kydiesel
1 - 11 of 11 Posts