Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

New owner of 2019 F150 3.0 Lariat Crew Cab with 502A Mid package. I only have 110 miles on it now. Seems like the reviews of this truck are sparse. This is my first Diesel and I know jack **** about them but I drive my new trucks into the ground. Previous truck was a 09 F150 Platinum with Triton 5.4 that I put 306k miles on and only major repair was the cam phasers at 150K. Hoping to have the same luck with this truck as I'm only hauling a 8100lb boat occasionally. Look forward to enjoying this vehicle. How is everyone else liking theirs?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
That is some impressive miles on a 5.4! Welcome. I am having a blast with mine, just over 5,000 miles so far. No complaints with Ford yet, but boy, the EPA has done its best to make diesel ownership problematic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard this truck is riddled with EPA safeguards. I'd be game for removing some of them if it werent for voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey @DieselNewb, Welcome!!. You mentioned EPA sticking their nose in this great engine, I don't know if this is your first diesel or not (it is my first) but I've gotten a lot out of keeping an eye on when the engine goes into regen. I haven't done a ton on that like some have, like monitoring exhaust gas temps (EGTs), but just knowing when your truck is in active regen is insightful. There's a thread on here you may be familiar with "stuck in regen" in the "3.0 v6 Diesel" section of this forum .. it's a massive read but there is some good info in there: https://www.dieself150forum.com/forum/490-3-0l-v6-diesel/1860-stuck-regen.html

Anyways, I've had my truck for 3 months now and have really enjoyed it. I haven't done much to it, just a roll cover and carpet for the bed and rear wheel liners (mine didn't come with from the factory) and mud flaps. I've also done a few forscan mods the most important being the exhaust filter percent full; that's what I use to track regens. This forum is a great place to share info with, folks all seem to be really knowledgable!

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
@DieselNewb - welcome to our little club here! We are small but loyal group of new F150 PS Diesel owners here. We have a good mix of prior diesel owners along with a bunch of first time diesel owners like me...

I have a 2018 Platinum and just installed a Titan XXL 40 gallon replacement tank to extend the range = I am liking this filling up once/month!

We are all figuring out the nuances of Ford first Diesel 1/2 ton, so don't feel like you are alone and please feel free to ask if you have any questions. We have a pretty good group of owners here who aren't afraid to share their knowledge, experiences, or opinions.

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
399 Posts
@DieselNewb welcome to the forum and to joining us in 3.0 ownership! This forum is a great place for those newbies to diesel like yourself. I have ~22,000 on my 2018 now, and my truck runs awesome and hasn't given me any issues at all besides having any necessary recall work done. I have the 6.5' long bed and had the fuel tank replacement done with the 48-gallon Titan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts