1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Haven't got my truck yet...

I am in Canada.

Is $18,500 off a 2019 new Lariat in 3.0 a good deal?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
US here, but that sounds awesome. I know US$ and C$ are very different these days though. Best of luck in your research and ultimate purchase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked up today. 18,900 off MSRP

So far so good.

It's engine is quieter than my 5.4 gas. Most people cannot tell it's a diesel.

10.7 liters per 100 so happy with that....how much will it drop after everything is worn in?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Picked up today. 18,900 off MSRP

So far so good.

It's engine is quieter than my 5.4 gas. Most people cannot tell it's a diesel.

10.7 liters per 100 so happy with that....how much will it drop after everything is worn in?
on the highway I get 9.3 l/100km all day long. around town i'm 10.5 ish with the 5W40 oil. Towing my 4k trailer I get 13 l/100, better than my old truck got unloaded!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will beat 9.3 once mine is broke in?

I was getting 9.5-9.6 .

I am not quite sure WHY Ford didn't make more of these?

It's not your BIG diesel....it rides almost like a car....very quiet inside can, no smell, no harsh ride.

Interesting that delete will get +5 mpg which would be outstanding for full sized truck. 35-36 mpg?(Canada gallon)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think Ford sells many of them. I think it is more a personal preference thing because Ford has a great lineup of engines to begin with. The 2.7 eco is only slightly harder on fuel and is a free option engine. When Ram introduced the Ecodiesel it was a easy choice for many, fuel economy or a Hemi, witch resulted in good sales for the Diesel. In Fords case their are more viable options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think Ford sells many of them. I think it is more a personal preference thing because Ford has a great lineup of engines to begin with. The 2.7 eco is only slightly harder on fuel and is a free option engine. When Ram introduced the Ecodiesel it was a easy choice for many, fuel economy or a Hemi, witch resulted in good sales for the Diesel. In Fords case their are more viable options.
I came from the 2.7L. Awesome engine for sure but I was getting 11-12L/100km compared to 9-9.5 in my diesel on the same route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts