Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I bought a new 2021 F150 diesel with the Lariat package and a bunch of other options in October. Color is Rapid Red (looks like Ruby Red), Super Crew, 12” display screen, FX4, towing, etc. I originally wanted to custom order a Platinum SCrew model, but with the discontinuance of the diesel option for 2022, that window closed and I had to find something close to what I would have ordered. The diesels are really scarce, but I found one at a dealer about 100 miles from my home, so that was close enough.

Window Sticker shows these options in addition to the standard included items in the Lariat Pkg:
501A—Lariat and B&O sound system
Rapid Red Metallic
3.0 V6 Turbo Diesel
275/60R20 BSW all terrain
3.55 Electronic lock RR axle
7050# GVWR Package
Ford copilot 360 Assist 2.0
Cnctd Built in Nav (3 yr incl)
Liner-tray style-no carpet mats
Onboard 400W Outlet.
Trailer Tow Package
Integrated Trailer Brake Cont.
FX4 Off-road Package
Skid Plates
20” Chrome-like PVD Wheels
360-degree Camera Package
Lariat Chrome Appearance Pkg
6” Chrome Running Boards
Leather Bucket Seats w/Console

I have a decades of experience working on cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pretty much anything with an engine. I’ve owned a half-dozen Mercedes diesels over the years, but the newest of those was a 1995 E300D. Plus, I’m a mechanical engineer. When I join a forum, I typically suck up the experience and info in the forum for a few months before I get educated enough to start feeding back into it.

Thanks in advance. Pete K

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Now you are making my truck seem old! I didn't know Ford had an interactive navigation system. I rarely use nav because waze has current info. You also have the 3.55 axle which I would have opted for.

These engines are great power plants, I think you will be pleased.

Reactions: mascrappo

·
Registered
94 Posts
@PeterK - guessing you do the maintenance on your vehicles.
I have a decades of experience working on cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pretty much anything with an engine.
The easiest thing to do wrong with these 3.0 diesel engines is installation of the oil filter. Suggest reading this post and then read others regarding oil changes. DIY Oil and Filter Change

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Now you are making my truck seem old! I didn't know Ford had an interactive navigation system. I rarely use nav because waze has current info. You also have the 3.55 axle which I would have opted for.

These engines are great power plants, I think you will be pleased.
I wish I had 3:55 too, but mine off the lot, still pleased though.

YES, watch that oil filter, Dunrollin cleared it up for us!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I’ve read the several threads about the oil filter procedure, so I’m aware. However, I plan to let the dealer do the scheduled maintenance for the first 3/36,000, so I bought the discounted maintenance package deal. Even so, I will be careful to ask the service manager for a tech who knows that procedure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And, I’m coming up on 3000 miles and I’m very pleased with the engine, transmission, and electronics. I also will ask if the tech can enable the additional read outs of engine temperatures, Regen modes and %, and any other info. I’m an information junkie too.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Sounds good. Remember if the technician can't or won't help with the simple dash modifications you can always do it on forscan using jmperlik's Start Here thread. Reason i say that is when I bought my 1st 2018 F150 the salesman asked if there was anything else before I officially took possession of the truck. I started the engine, got out and walked about 15 feet away leaving it running and it did the two honks. I told him the only thing I wanted was that feature turned off. He jumped in and drove off and returned 20 minutes later. He told me the tech told him it can't be turned off (which I knew to be BS). I did it myself the next day.

Most here have great dealers, I have had only mediocre experiences so far. I hope yours is one of the excellent ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug, thanks for the reply. I read the threads about Forscan too, but during warranty, I’d rather let the Ford dealer do any mods—even if they are just software options. If they won’t do it, we’ll then I’ll look at other possibilities. There are a half dozen Ford dealers within reasonable driving distance, so if I don’t like one, I can take my business elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts