Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Been doing my research and found a deal locally on a leftover F150 Diesel Platinum for a nice discount ... Potentially trading my Audi A6 TDI in on it so I can tow my '17 Camaro SS 1LE track toy in the future.

Hoping they make numbers for my trade work well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey glad to see ya made it over dude! lol And if all goes well welcome to the club here soon!

·
Registered
399 Posts
@RideZX6R I have only towed my boat once so far, 55 mile trip, and was impressed with ~16mpg (into a 25-30mph headwind) whereas my old 2010 V8 would have probably got ~11mpg on that same tow.

Definitely foresee this F150 3.0 meeting my expectations as a nice tow vehicle for my summer fishing trips.

When you say "leftover" that is implying to me a 2018. Ask the dealer to show you an OASIS report on the VIN so that you can see that all the recalls have been addressed before you pull the trigger on the deal.

Welcome to the forum, and hopefully you will be able to join those of us in the ownership camp.

·
Administrator
522 Posts
Thanks guys - Happy to be here :)

@RideZX6R - does this mean you pulled the trigger on the trade-in/purchase and you are officially a F150 PS Diesel owner now?
=> If so, then congrats and welcome to the forums here!
=> If not, what is the hang-up?!? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's from Top Gun - Wasn't sure why he was saying it though lol...

However, I did pick up a leftover (but new) 2018 Platinum Diesel 4x4 with 601A, pano roof, FX4, and triple white paint, as well as 3.55s with the locking rear. Black interior.

Other than the fact the cooled seats already have issues (which is evidently super common), it's really great

·
Administrator
522 Posts
@RideZX6R - congrats on the new ride and welcome officially to the club!

Hopefully you got a sweet deal on your new 2018 "leftover" as my dealer is definitely trying to "move" their two (2) remaining F150 PS Diesels. Last time I visited my dealer, they had a Black 2018 F150 Diesel Platinum prominently displayed on the floor with a "$9500 Off" sign hanging from the mirror -- kinda kicking myself for not just waiting until now, instead of being my dealership's first F150 PS Diesel order.

Instead my first-in-line factory order got me:
a.) 7 1/2 month wait
b.) $3000 engine markup (this still remains for 2019 but markdowns chew into this)
c.) Missed out on a generic $2000 off any F150 cash offer in Ford Pass app (F150 Diesels specifically excluded)​
so I overpaid and had to wait in order to get to be a "1st adopter", along with the scare of the infamous FSA 18E02 EGR By-Pass Valve replacement...

Overall I am still happy with my truck, but I could have probably gotten a 2018 leftover in similar trim level for $10K less than I paid 8 months ago; however, I would have had to settle for what the dealer ordered for the vehicle. I have factory-order my last two (2) F150s and have gotten spoiled now in doing that...

Oh and BTW, the pattern is now empty...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@RideZX6R - congrats on the new ride and welcome officially to the club!

Hopefully you got a sweet deal on your new 2018 "leftover" as my dealer is definitely trying to "move" their two (2) remaining F150 PS Diesels. Last time I visited my dealer, they had a Black 2018 F150 Diesel Platinum prominently displayed on the floor with a "$9500 Off" sign hanging from the mirror -- kinda kicking myself for not just waiting until now, instead of being my dealership's first F150 PS Diesel order.

Instead my first-in-line factory order got me:
a.) 7 1/2 month wait
b.) $3000 engine markup (this still remains for 2019 but markdowns chew into this)
c.) Missed out on a generic $2000 off any F150 cash offer in Ford Pass app (F150 Diesels specifically excluded)​
so I overpaid and had to wait in order to get to be a "1st adopter", along with the scare of the infamous FSA 18E02 EGR By-Pass Valve replacement...

Overall I am still happy with my truck, but I could have probably gotten a 2018 leftover in similar trim level for $10K less than I paid 8 months ago; however, I would have had to settle for what the dealer ordered for the vehicle. I have factory-order my last two (2) F150s and have gotten spoiled now in doing that...

Oh and BTW, the pattern is now empty...
I paid almost $20k off sticker. $69xxx sticker price and I bought it for $50xxx

VERY happy with the pricing.

·
Administrator
522 Posts
I paid almost $20k off sticker. $69xxx sticker price and I bought it for $50xxx

VERY happy with the pricing.
Wow! That is definitely a steal/great price because it is significantly under dealer cost.

Reactions: hydrex

·
Registered
145 Posts
which is kind of scary I got 18 grand off mine with like 3 grand in free dealer installed accessories. Bed liner, side rails etc.....

the 4500 dollar rebate helps but you still have to pay taxes on the rebate, so that is like being taxed for someone else giving you money.

these are 18s which has some pros and cons, like it is basically a used truck when you buy it but with zero miles means you could literally rack up 40 thousand in the first year and be on the trucks normal usage pace and still not have to deal with a mileage depreciation.

·
Registered
308 Posts
which is kind of scary I got 18 grand off mine with like 3 grand in free dealer installed accessories. Bed liner, side rails etc.....

the 4500 dollar rebate helps but you still have to pay taxes on the rebate, so that is like being taxed for someone else giving you money.

these are 18s which has some pros and cons, like it is basically a used truck when you buy it but with zero miles means you could literally rack up 40 thousand in the first year and be on the trucks normal usage pace and still not have to deal with a mileage depreciation.
Agree. In the end, the math works out which is what ultimately matters.

I find too many people think too far ahead, to what will happen once a successor is out. That won't be a concern here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Agree. In the end, the math works out which is what ultimately matters.

I find too many people think too far ahead, to what will happen once a successor is out. That won't be a concern here.
Yep and you all have to realize the only reason we have this engine in the f150 is due to the CAFE requirements coming into effect. This engine is getting zero push from Ford with no advertising and pretty much hush hush so far

·
Registered
53 Posts
The rest of the world is perfectly happy with small diesel motors. I think the USA has it's head up it's arse for not seeing how well they fit into small trucks and SUV's. They are smooth, quiet and efficient, especially when some of the EPA mandated silliness, like EGR, DEF and probably SCR are deleted. I'm certainly curious how the new 3L Duramax turns out in the GM's, as well. Not a fan of their trucks, but, as far as I'm concerned, the more diesels, the better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts