Diesel F150 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is No Motorcraft filters in my towin, Back-order at my local dealer, is ther a cross number filter anyone can send me.Fram, K&N ect..or any other quality oil filter..Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
141 Posts
One more thought: It appears MANN makes the oil filters for Ford (Motorcraft) and might make the oil filters for WIX. I took pictures of these three different filter brands, below. From the pics, we can see the construction of the WIX filter is a bit different - most noticeable looking at the core of the filter.
I have no concerns with using any of these brands. The MANN filters are the cheapest on RockAuto.

Material property Font Auto part Circle Gas

Yellow Wood Material property Gas Font

Adhesive Packing materials Wood Material property Adhesive tape

Light Adhesive Product Wood Material property

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
thanks for the insight, i need a alternative to motocraft..thanks again..jerry
I have used Mann from Rockauto since I bought my 2018, and I too suspect Mann makes for the other brands. Maybe Wix doesn't require the extra "stitching/glue line" inside so to cut costs? How many companies in the Czech Republic are going to tool up to make this filter!? :unsure::)

·
Registered
2018 White extended cab 6.5 foot bed FX4 Tow package Lariat
89 Posts
My significant other used to do outside sales for Napa , the wix filter and the motorcraft are made at the same factory on the same machinery, just a different label! I myself have been using the Mann filters. On Amazon the cost is higher, but rock auto charges shipping. So it is cheaper to use the free shipping option on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
715 Posts
Jerry, looks like OEM Number: JL3Z6731A Mann Number: HU826X. Ford FL2081.

Drinkware Light Automotive tire Adhesive Font

I see Amazon has it free next day delivery for $10 or a 2 pack for $17, which would be $8.50 ea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts