Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, I have a 2019 150 3.0 Diesel 40k Miles and this morning noticed a drop of oil on the garage floor from passenger side of Engine Bay. I looked the best I could, and it seems like there is oil seepage around a pipe that looks like it may go into the Turbo? Does anyone have an ideas? It is not a leak, but more like a weep. The Ford Dealer is a month out in appointments for Diesel Trucks. I have no smoke or smell and the truck runs Perfect. Thanks, Steve

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
I have seen some reports of a seep like you describe that seems to be attributed to towing near capacity without locking out 9 and 10 on the transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 f150 diesel with 20k and had a drip on passenger side. It was from turbo boost pipe heading to intercooler. The pipe was like 120 bucks but was covered under warranty. Wasn't a big deal. No codes and no boost leak guess it was more of a weep.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealership Diagnosed it as a Turbo issue; 40k Miles. Going in on Wednesday for Turbo replacement. Pownski, anything I should look for after replacement, or pretty standard part swap? Thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had mine fixed too at 68,000... they took care of the screw recall and repaired it....had it back about a week and now low oil pressure lights are going off when I stop.at red light.

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
@James Thomas welcome aboard. This thread is about the turbo leak so I will give you a few other links about the oil pressure warning light for you to check out. This issue has happened to several of us and the problem points to two separate problems. First is the wrong oil is used and sets off the light at under about 10 psi which happems at stop lights with a warm engine. Second is more serious and concerns the little rubber drain plug inside the filter. Putting in a filter element dry and screwing it down can destroy the plug. It happened to me. A final issue is potential wiring issues with the oil pressure switch. Ford also has replaced several oil pumps to resolve this.

DiY Oil Change

Oil Pressure Warning Light

Great analysis of the issue by @jmperlik

And now, back to the turbo leak issue. I took off my felt cover and checked, so far so good for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just had mine fixed too at 68,000... they took care of the screw recall and repaired it....had it back about a week and now low oil pressure lights are going off when I stop.at red light.
Yup, what dunrollin said, pull your filter and check to make sure the little rubber drain back plug is there. If it's not, the filter won't close the housing drain, and some unfiltered oil will drain back into the engine causing the low pressure fault. If you had your oil changed at the same time, I would bet money this is your issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts