Diesel F150 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Diesel
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the oil life seems to be a bit low? I’ve just hit 1,700 miles and my oil life is down to 62%. That seems extremely low for one a new car and two a diesel.

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 Diesel
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My breakin has all 90% city miles (25-45 mph) and a trip to eastern Washington (200 miles) with no towing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That does seem remarkably low and I wonder if something is off with your sensor. I know it can fluctuate based upon your driving habits.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Where are you guys seeing the %? I cant find it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Goto the gear screen on the dash, and then to the Advanced tab, goto Vehicle, then goto the oil life reset and it will show you the percentage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Had oil changed today 5000 miles. 15% left.
Cost $128.00 for the works from the dealer!! From here on out I’ll do my own. Price for F150 diesel oil 5w30 $8.90 a quart. From dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't checked but you should be able to change the distance between changes in the setup screen, If you change the distance between changes the % will change also

·
Registered
399 Posts
Where are you guys seeing the %? I cant find it
I am using the FordPass app on my iPhone for remote starts as well as the app provides DTE (Distance to Empty), Vehicle Location (I suppose this would come in super handy if anyone stole the truck and you could tell the Police exactly where the truck is for recovery and handcuffing the grand theft auto person), Tire Pressure (PSI), Oil Life % remaining, and any Scheduled Starts.

I currently have ~1,350 miles on mine with 86% oil life remaining.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
I am at 83% with 1,100 miles.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
I’m at 33% @ 750 miles. Not good. Hope this improves after first change.

Im at over 1000 miles since last oil change and at 69%.

Your was not set correctly to begin with. Change it and reset it yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm over 4,000 miles now and still have 57% oil life remaining. Should be doing my first oil change in a few weeks when I get to the 5,000 mile mark.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts