FX4 Off-road package
Stowable loading ramps
Spray in bed liner
3.55 electronic locking axle
Box side steps
Telescoping tow mirrors
Wheel well liners
All weather floor mats

(Basically I ordered it with everything except the engine block heater and sunroof)

And now the wait begins...:crying:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congrats on the fully loaded F-150!
Waiting is going to be the hard part, but we're here for you. Did they give you an estimated delivery date for your truck and were they willing to negotiate on the price?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Estimated delivery of April-May but the truth is we have no idea yet. As far as price, I'll be buying it at D-Plan which will still hurt the wallet pretty bad! With Ford truck month going on here in Texas I'm giving better deals to my customers than I will get with my D-plan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The block heater was an optional n in Texas? I’m in the Northeast and was told not an option or available in my region.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Weird that they're offering the block heater in Texas but not somewhere colder. Maybe give another dealer a try and see if they can order a F-150 with it.

Anywho, the wait is going to be a hard one but worth it once the keys are in your hands. Can't the dealer offer you something because the D-plan isn't as good as what other customers are getting?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully, the problem is I can't finalize any paperwork yet until the truck has a VIN and it currently hasn't been selected for build at the plant (no VIN)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Talked to my Dealer and the block heater has been added to the build sheet. Was not available when we ordered but being added to the truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The configurator is down online...I wonder if they are updating it for the diesel? The Canadian site has been letting you build them for a while already. Funny that we are late to that game!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not a bad discount at all. Even discounts for the outgoing generations have been impressive. Someone I know up in Toronto Canada got one of the last 4th Generation RAM 1500's for $16,000 off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another update. Truck should be here on the 27th of this month (a few weeks earlier than originally estimated.) I also sold my SUV and currently working on selling my old BMW project car. Gotta put that $ together for a down payment since I spec'd it so friggin expensive!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The configurator now will let you add the 3.0 Powerstroke which it would not do a couple of weeks ago. Also, my dealer contacted me yesterday and said Ford had told them that they had "Okay to Buy" which according to him meant that deliveries would start immediately so we may really see some reports by new owners in short order.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my buddy has been driving a pre-production unit for a couple months now and says the EPA ratings are very accurate. I don't believe he has done any towing though so can't comment on that yet. I am swapping out tires to larger BFG KO2's so I'm expecting to average a hair less than EPA. I'll be happy if my overall average is 21 (EPA says 22)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts